Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
The suitcase muffler is very heavy. I saved a bunch of weight by adding this. Sounds great too.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mine is a 14 TDI and with the new warranty I really don't want to replace the exhaust system. The only thing stopping me trying it is the metal flap that needs cutting and from what I've heard mine has two on both sides where my Cayenne only had one to cut.

·
Registered
464 Posts
wont do a damn thing on a tdi there a way more things muffling the sound long before the muffler

·
Registered
210 Posts
^ what he said. I had the touareg in for adblue heater repair a couple months ago. they had to disconnect the exhaust from the center of the vehicle back in order to access the heater. We started it up without the suitace on because I was curious. Didn't sound any different. You want this to sound good: DPF delete, dump the cats & do a downpipe...

·
Registered
464 Posts
^ what he said. I had the touareg in for adblue heater repair a couple months ago. they had to disconnect the exhaust from the center of the vehicle back in order to access the heater. We started it up without the suitace on because I was curious. Didn't sound any different. You want this to sound good: DPF delete, dump the cats & do a downpipe...
even with everything else out the suitcase muffler does nothing really, it cuts down a very minimal amount its more of a big resonator then a muffler. Gutting mine did nothing...sounds exact same as it did with internal baffles

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the info guys. I guess I'll leave it alone. Happy Holidays to you all.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts