Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking to change my brake pads and found out that Textar brake pads are 1/4th the cost of the ones at the dealership. Wanted to know if anyone has any experience with this brand?

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
I was looking to change my brake pads and found out that Textar brake pads are 1/4th the cost of the ones at the dealership. Wanted to know if anyone has any experience with this brand?
Put your model and location in the box with your user name - then people can help you better.

·
Registered
226 Posts
I've got textar pads.
100% worth the money. Brembo quality for 2/3 of the price(at least that's what I paid). Not that money matters when it comes to brakes, just saying.
They are waaaaay bettet than whatever came from the factory on my 2013 T3 V6 TDI(I don't know what pads it had).
Stopping power is great. And I don't see any dust on my rims (even after long trips-but I VERY rarely brake). Dust and longevity are defined by the driver..
I strongly recommend Textar pads.
Still, it was pretty hard to get used to them. Brake pedal is really mushy (as in all T3/T4 Touaregs) yet they bite pretty hard. Almost got rear ended at a stoplight.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I just put them on about a month ago - the Textar pads really changed the brake feel - strong initial bite, and grab much harder than the stock pads. My wife mostly drives it and agrees they 'work better'. The OEMs would squeal a bit when backing up with slight touch - these would squeal a bit going forward with slight touch, but that is mostly gone now. They dust way more than OEM - the fronts wheels are getting black - trade off between initial bite, feel, performance.

·
Registered
3,630 Posts
I've got textar pads.
100% worth the money. Brembo quality for 2/3 of the price(at least that's what I paid). Not that money matters when it comes to brakes, just saying.
They are waaaaay bettet than whatever came from the factory on my 2013 T3 V6 TDI(I don't know what pads it had).
Stopping power is great. And I don't see any dust on my rims (even after long trips-but I VERY rarely brake). Dust and longevity are defined by the driver..
I strongly recommend Textar pads.
Still, it was pretty hard to get used to them. Brake pedal is really mushy (as in all T3/T4 Touaregs) yet they bite pretty hard. Almost got rear ended at a stoplight.
I am not sure anyone has bothered to find out the OEM is on the T3 pads. Nobody seems to be impressed with them, whoever they are.

You bring up a really good point. If you change to to the Textar or Pagid Pads, you will get a much better brake system then the VW original for the T3. You could even go as far as to source some high carbon (same as Brembo) rotors if you want that little extra bit of braking.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I am not sure anyone has bothered to find out the OEM is on the T3 pads. Nobody seems to be impressed with them, whoever they are.

You bring up a really good point. If you change to to the Textar or Pagid Pads, you will get a much better brake system then the VW original for the T3. You could even go as far as to source some high carbon (same as Brembo) rotors if you want that little extra bit of braking.
I would bet that VW OEM T3 pads were chosen to prevent the excessive dusting. I have switched to Akebono Euro on my BMWs because of the excessive dusting, and I am ok with the loss of the initial cold bite, and they are less grabby, I like the linearity of the Akebonos - which I attribute to using ceramics?

·
Registered
226 Posts
I've got new Textar pads&rotors on my 7 series. The dust is insane. I guess I drive much more aggressively than I do with my T3.. easy fix for the problem - I got a pair of 20" black M 5-spoke rims. It looks much sexier this way. And no more dust!
Could do the same on a T3, but black rims and chrome elements on the sides may not look very well.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts