Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to change out the OEM tires for some All Seasons. Everything I’ve read about the Michelin Pilot LTX or the Goodyear Wrangler HP isn’t very good. Then there are the Dunlop Grandtrek and the Pirelli which seem to be more high performance then traction.

The Hankook seem to be a good option and I haven’t ready any negative opinions on them.

Thanks.

· Registered
25 Posts
I replaced the OEM Goodyear Wranglers on my Jeep Grand Cherokee with the Michelin LTX several years ago and they were much better. At the time the Jeep was used in heavy snow in the mountains and the Michelins handled it well- but they are quite expensive. I also had Bridgestone Blizzacks on another Jeep and they were exceptional in snow and ice, however they wore quickly on dry roads and handled poorly in warm weather.

I just received the Pirelli Scorpion M/S for my Touareg and haven't used them yet but they appear to be a good design and have received good reviews. They are reasonably priced at Tire Rack, and they also sell the BERU sensors for the TPMS. Hancock does have a good reputation but I have no first hand knowledge. Whatever you buy make sure you get the proper load rating, XL or "Extra Load" to handle the T-Reg's weight. The 255/55-18 size looks good, I wouldn't go larger or smaller, unless you are going to be in a lot of deep snow, then I might use 235s.

· Registered
26 Posts
Speaking of Hankook, anyone had experience with their W300 winter tires? They were recommended by a local tire place. Almost half the price of Nokian Hak SUVs.

As far as all-season tires, I've read good things about the Yokohama Geolandar H/T-S (G052). Any experiences?

Thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.