Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2008 V6 65,000 miles and recently it has started to have a thud type down short when pulling up to a full stop. Gonna go do the throttle reset and see if that does anything but was wondering if anyone has any ideas or experience with this issue. Thank you in advanced for any help.

No vag-com as I do not own a PC just a MAC.

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
Are you in D or S when this happens?

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ooh that is a great question that I was unsure of the answer but when my lady drives it she never uses S so I am going to say that it is happening in both D and S.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Step 1: Buy cheap PC laptop off craigslist
Step 2: Buy VAG-COM
Step 3: ???????
Step 4: Profit.

May be as simple as reflashing, which there are plenty of instructions on here how to do. I don't know exactly what you mean by throttle reset, but a full battery reset may also work in your situation.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Throttle reset: turn the key to on position, hold down throttle pedal for more than 5 sec, Turn to off then start the vehicle.
Neat. I learned something today. I always just clear out the adaptations w/ the scanner.

Not sure bout the bushing thing, maybe you're thinking of the driveshaft bearing vibration under the armrest? Lol, explorers (correction: EXPLODERS)... If it ain't rattlin', it ain't rollin'. They always do dumb crap... Like this: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10152410130910021&l=4888475830349805908

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
Throttle reset: turn the key to on position, hold down throttle pedal for more than 5 sec, Turn to off then start the vehicle.
To reset the GEARBOX

Turn the ignition on but do NOT start the car.

Hold the accelerator pedal firmly to the floor for a full 10 seconds.

Release the pedal.

Turn the ignition off.

The gearbox will now learn how you drive the car so don't let anyone else drive it for a while.

It's worth doing this on a regular basis since it is so easy to do.

And for anyone test driving a Touareg prior to sale, do it before going out on your test drive.

Ideally, if you have VCDS you should run a scan before doing the reset to see if there are any gearbox faults coming up.

If so record and then clear them.

Do the reset.

Drive the car.

Scan again to see if anything has come back.

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
Ooh that is a great question that I was unsure of the answer but when my lady drives it she never uses S so I am going to say that it is happening in both D and S.
The Touareg box can be a bit lumpy coming to rest if your are in Sport otherwise it should be smooth.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Have you fixed this problem by resetting gearbox? my 2012 touareg have same issue. I did reset the gearbox but didnt fix the issue.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I went to vw dealer today to see if they have new ECM updates for this issue.
Yes, they have new ECM update. Now my treg have new ECM update.
Service advisor said I need to drive couple days until it adapts my driving habits. I will check back how it drives after few days of driving.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Old post I know... But resetting the gear box as described above seems to have worked for me (been 3 days now). Slowing to almost a stop the vehicle would clunk, this stopped it. Now after owning the car for more than a few years now (2011 Hybrid) I really don't understand why it would develop this clunk, and if resetting the gear box allows the system to relearn how you drive, it should have already known how I drive. Regardless, for now its working great.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
About this Discussion
10 Replies
6 Participants
fleabag
Club Touareg Forum
We’re the online community for Volkswagen Touareg owners to share knowledge about their VW Touareg Sport Utility Vehicles and more!
Full Forum Listing