Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wanting to hardwire my Passport 9500ix into my new to me ‘14 Touareg TDI, I started thinking I was going to tap into a power lead in the overhead console, so looking at the instructions I found online from a fellow Treg owner, I start pulling trim pieces, only to realize the instructions were from 2006 and the console design was different. No worries, I thought, and proceeded to get to the point where all the wiring looms were accessible, only to then realize that the “blue” wire going to the homelink controls doesn’t exist in the 2014.

At this point, I had considered grabbing my voltmeter to try to figure out what wire I should be tapping, but as I was looking at the exposed console opening, thought it might be far easier to just do what I did in my V70R and run the wire along the window frame and down to the side fuse box, and skip having to go grab my meter, find the right lead and tap it. In 10 minutes, I was done, and the cord is even well hidden running from the detector up next to the rain sensor into the upper console.

My wife will love it - she hated having the coiled cord having to be plugged into the dash and hanging in front of the screen - so did I for that matter. I’ll snap some pics later and post them.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just used the fuse panel on the driver's side, with an add-a-fuse. I think I used fuse number 48, and grounded to one of the bolts that mount to the dash frame visible in the fuse area.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts