Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am hoping someone who has removed the plastic rear view mirror shroud (without breaking anything) can explain how to do it. I ended up purchasing this radar mount . . .

. . . and I need to connect the power cord to the 12v source inside the shroud of my 2005 Touareg.

· Registered
346 Posts
Using 12V source, you have to run a new line up to the existing mirror. I tried to find a good source with 1A or greater, but, that's a no go.

Mirror is sealed. If you attempt to open the mirror's plastic shroud, you will snap 4 hooks.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

· Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Using 12V source, you have to run a new line up to the existing mirror. I tried to find a good source with 1A or greater, but, that's a no go.

Mirror is sealed. If you attempt to open the mirror's plastic shroud, you will snap 4 hooks.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk
OK, thanks for heads up. I also found out that this particular mount is not compatible with my 2005 Touareg. After attaching it to the mirror stem, there was not enough room left (between the mirror housing and the shroud) to allow my (short) wife to adjust the mirror downward enough to wee out the back window. I'll have to go back to the suck cups and routing/snaking the power cord along the B pillar and top of the windshield.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.