Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I'm needing to hard wire a tracker into my T3.

It's a small device - about the size of a *** packet.

Where's the easiest place to pick up a permanently on feed for the electrics with space nearby to mount/hide the box?

Thanks

·
Registered
105 Posts
I had power already running to a fuse box in the spare wheel compartment for another purpose, so I ran power from there to just inside the trim panel over the "D" pillar. The tracker contained its own GPS and cellular antennas, and can see enough of the sky through the side window and the panoramic roof to function perfectly, as does the cellular modem.

Hi

I'm needing to hard wire a tracker into my T3.

It's a small device - about the size of a *** packet.

Where's the easiest place to pick up a permanently on feed for the electrics with space nearby to mount/hide the box?

Thanks

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
I strongly suggest that if anyone has any good ideas you send the guy a private mail.

It's pretty silly discussing the location of a security device on an open forum!

·
Registered
105 Posts
I ran power to there for something else (from the battery).

I don't think it's much risk discussing it here. I have no idea what his car looks like, or even where it is. And if someone wants to rip down the 'D' pillar covers of every Touareg he finds in Southern California until he steals mine, I'll play those odds.

When you say you had power already running there, was this as standard? Or something you'd run there for something else yourself?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.