Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I drive a 2006 VW Touareg V6 it has 70,000 miles on the dash. However I recently filled up the tank with premium gas as usual, when I attempted to started the vehicle after filling the gas tank the car will not start. So I preceded to pump the gas peddle as it tried to start 5 seconds after pumping the gas peddle the car started but idled rough as I drove off the check engine light came on as well and their issue is on going after that first incident. Car drives fine after fueling. Can anyone point me and the right direction on how to get the problem resolved looking for a DIY solution.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Sounds like you need a new N80 purge valve.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you very much Where can I locate the N80 purge valve in the engine in order to replace it.
it’s not the easiest part to find.

·
Registered
565 Posts
I have 2 V8's but from what I gather in a couple of quick searches, it is located at back of engine, center under some hoses. ECS Tuning has the part for a little over $60.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Glad to help, give us a detailed account of the repair.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The Purge Valve is locates exactly at the Top center left side at the back of the engine. To get better access I removed the air intake filter hose I used hose clams to remove the entire hose.I also removed the VW cover at the top of the engine for batter access pulling up released the cover. I used hose clamps to remove the purge valve from the evap canister. I used a narrow flat head screw driver to remove the electrical connection by pushing down on the clip and pulling back the electric harness. I used a Bosch purge valve which I pick up from my local auto part supply this part cost $45.

Attachments

·
Registered
565 Posts
Thanks for reporting back on your repair. Awesome description and pictures that will definitely help someone in the future.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts