Club Touareg Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,914 Posts
F C P is solid but I've never personally used them. I usually stick with ECS or pelican parts for most of my mechanical needs or even the dealership actually has great deals on mechanical parts and fluids

·
Registered
32 Posts
Has anyone mentioned that the easiest way to check your disc is warped is to check them with a dial indicator for run out.
Takes about 10 minutes aside

·
Banned
3,302 Posts
Not everyone is a machinist or took machine shop in school.... very few will have a dial with a magnetic base in their toolbox or know how to read\use one. Most of the users having these issues don't even do their own wrenching so it's not normal to expect them to have those tools\knowledge.

·
Registered
2016 VR6 R-Line
18 Posts
Just a quick update: I replaced the front rotors and pads and all the vibration/shuddering is gone. Thanks for all the advice. I wanted to know if you guys have used FCPEuro before for parts? They sell European auto parts and offer a 100% replacement guarantee, even for items like brakes and rotors. They say once you wear them out, order new parts, send back the old ones, and they'll refund your order. I just found them so haven't tried it out, but if that's true it's an insanely good deal.
FCPEuro's replacement guarantee is phenomenal. I stopped into their shop and asked in person about this. This is their advertising campaign. You can replace your previously purchased brakes and rotors anytime and return the old ones for a refund. They don't even mind if you beat your vehicle off road or on the track. They guarantee everything except tires, only because they don't sell tires. They will even refund you for used windshield wipers, oil and filters, and they do it with a smile!

21 - 27 of 27 Posts