Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
I've noticed when changing CDs in my Touareg that there is a Hard Drive located beneath the changer. I have some questions, first what is the HD for and second assuming its the original if I were to replace it with another do I need to format it in a special way or should I try to copy the existing one to the new one? Any ideas on this would be appreciated. Thanks

· Administrator
4,378 Posts
Looks like a hard drive, but it is actually the air suspension level controller. Sadly, the entertainment electronics weren't very sophisticated in 2006. You can now add an aftermarket Bluetooth adapter that changes the CD change input into Bluetooth. If you want more, you'll need to replace the entire head unit with something a bit more modern.

· Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Interesting that you mention that. Last week I began to get an indicator on my front panel of a car with arrows pointing up and down. I have also noticed that my right rear is slightly lower than the rest of the vehicle
Could it be the leveller that looks like a hard drve the problem?

· Administrator
4,378 Posts
Mackayak, more than likely you have a failed strut hose fitting. Check each of the four corners for corrosion where the hose goes into the canister.

Linder, Spockcat is selling what I think is a Blitzsafe Bluetooth adapter. Check his web site.

· Administrator
4,378 Posts
Somehow my kids have recently picked up rad in our house. Good to see that we can all be kids again!

· Registered
2016 TDI Lux
565 Posts
This is bringing me back now but if I recall correctly, wasn't there a movie titled rad? I think it was a bmx movie from the mid 80's.
That movie was one of my favorites back one the day. The scene where they ride their bikes at the dance... Soooooo cheesy.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.