Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's officially Club Touareg's first birthday.

On December 6, 2003, Club Touareg was launched.

Our users have posted a total of 15630 articles.
We have 2890 registered users.

Truly amazing for such a short period!

Thank you all for making Club Touareg the best Touareg resource online. Let's make the next year even better!

What would you like to see happen at Club Touareg over the next year? Share your thoughts in this thread!

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
I first found out about this site the first week of January 2004 --- one week after getting my TOAUREG.

All I can say is this site has been a fantastic tool for saving my sanity! My TOAUREG has had its share of problems, but if it hadn't been for the people on this site - the exchange of information and ideas - I probably would have driven my damn car off a cliff by now.

This site is an excellent source for all things TOUAREG.

With that I say: HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! :drunk: :drunk: :drunk:

·
Registered
161 Posts
Congrats Mike and job well done.
And to all the members that contribute, thank you for making this site a great place for Treg owners to share and help each other.

:drunk: :drunk: :drunk: :drunk: :drunk: :drunk: :drunk:

My only suggestion so far is to get a VWOA rep to follow the forums and give honest answers even if done anonomously. I can dream cant i

·
Registered
25 Posts
I think this is a wonderful site, with many interesting owners and good information.

I do have one serious suggestion-- for the owners, please post your gripes and problems in the problems/bugs section and not in general discussion; and for the moderators please be more agressive about moving threads to the appropriate category. Here's my rthinking, I do read about the problems and learn (sometimes) from that area, however, when I go to general or another area I don't want to read all of that again. Thanks.

·
Registered
10 Posts
:dance: Well done all off you, great site, great information very helpful, i have not been a member for very long but already i have found topics and issues that have been very useful.

As sad as it may be but how about a car sticker so we know who other mytouareg drivers are also it will show the dealer that we have a resource of information other than there biased opinion.

I don't know if you do this already but how about mytreg days out so treg drivers can show off there VDUB and meet other owners and maybe invite vw officals if poss and companies connected with our beloved SUV.

Once again thanks to the admin guys they do a fantastic job

:chainsaw: :chainsaw: BMW X5 :chainsaw: :chainsaw:

·
Registered
24 Posts
This is a great site and valuable source of collective information. Thanks to all the contributors.

One suggestion for improvement - How about adding an "Information Forum" or "How-to" forum for DIY projects. I also own a passat and am part of Club B5. Since so many people were posting "how-to's" in the general discussion, the moderators added an information forum and it has been a great help and centralized source of info from maintenance to modding. For instance, Spockcat has links in his signature for connecting MP3, XM or cell phones to your radio. All of that information could be contained in one post in the info forum. The keyless entry, rear fog, vag-com information, etc. would be additional posts. When ever someone develops a write up for a mod or procedure, they can present it to the moderators and they can post it in the info forum. For the less experienced mechanics out there (like myself) these forums are great. With the right detailed instructions many are empowered to give some things a shot. I had never done any modding and performed limited vehicle maintenance prior to owning my passat. However, thanks to the information forum I have installed an OEM navigation, W8 sunroof panel, dual rear fog lights and dash indicator, alientech window controller, brake rotors and pads, brake fluid, HIDs, warning triangle, and more.

Here's a link to the Club B5 info forum for reference: http://www.clubb5.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=23

Keep up the great work everyone.

Mike

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.