Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guess I better sign up since I'm heading out Saturday to pick up an 2008 V8 model out of state and driving it home 800+ miles.

It has 140K, but looks clean and appears to have all options, including rear locker, factory hitch and 4 zone climate control.

Hopefully there won't be any issues, but if there are, at least the cargo area is large enough to sleep in with the seats folded down. LOL!

·
Registered
630 Posts
Congatulatons and welcome to club touareg, great people with lots of helpful info. Be sure to go to posts by Noobytoogy and check out Buying a used touareg. What to look for. This was very helpful info for me when I purchased my treg. Where did you end up purchasing the T2 from and was it a dealer or private party?

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ha ha! Too late to check out the How to buy a Used Touareg FAQ! I've already bought a 1 way ticket! Good thing the dealership is close to the airport.

Actually, I've already perused the website for a while before I pulled the trigger. What wealth of information!

I'll post more details once it's officially mine. ;- )

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
No, it's not too late! Read it on the plane then you'll know exactly what to double check and, hopefully, drive home with confidence. The link is in my signature below.

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you for all the tips! Most everything checked out and I drove it home last night and this morning.

I need to replace mirror motors and lower rocker panel trim on both sides, but otherwise it's in pretty nice shape. Motor runs well. 140K miles. Only one dent above taillight on the side, not really noticeable at 10 ft. All in all, I'm pleased and it even came with TWO keys and remotes, so I don't have to pay $300 for a 2nd key!!! (Yes, it's the small victories....)

·
Registered
734 Posts
Guess I better sign up since I'm heading out Saturday to pick up an 2008 V8 model out of state and driving it home 800+ miles.
Welcome aboard!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts