Club Touareg Forum banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Confirmed, front diff.
Now ask for the parts needed and repair it.
Will put some photos once the parts arrive.

·
Registered
2004 4.2L Touareg AXQ air suspension
7 Posts
Confirmed, front diff.
Now ask for the parts needed and repair it.
Will put some photos once the parts arrive.
HI Raul
What milage do you have on your car? I had similar noises in addition to a thumb. It all got sorted out by changing the differential fluid and transfer case fluid.

A fluid change may be a low cost solution if it's a high milage car and the front differential fluid has never been changed.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
HI Raul
What milage do you have on your car? I had similar noises in addition to a thumb. It all got sorted out by changing the differential fluid and transfer case fluid.

A fluid change may be a low cost solution if it's a high milage car and the front differential fluid has never been changed.
Hi, my car has 195.000kms , fluid looks ok, no weird color or smell.
I could just try that, but i think it wouldn't solve for long.

·
Registered
2,527 Posts
Good to see you have found the root cause.
A diff oil change would have been a straight way to tell I guess.
Check out how the diff oil is looking on this Cayenne:

·
Registered
65 Posts
Long shot, but the bearing in your front differentials? Needle Bearing
Listen to this many times and very closely. Does it sound like in the video, a hollow, grinding type noise
Micheld7.. that sounds like what mine is doing.. 2006 with 114,000 V6 gas... Can we rebuild that front Differential , do you know ?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Tomorrow morning will put it secure in the air, disable Abs and TC by taking the fuse( otherwise TC is always kicking in and we cannot get wheels spinning )and we will try to be sure where the noise comes from.
I will keep you guys posted.
Fingers crossed it is from the center bearing...
Raul.. What did you find putting the car on the lift and spinning Wheels.. any luck?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Raul.. What did you find putting the car on the lift and spinning Wheels.. any luck?
I did, replied back on the post, took the abs and esp fuse and was able to put it moving in the air. The noise comes from the front diff.
Will change oil and all bearings.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Micheld7.. that sounds like what mine is doing.. 2006 with 114,000 V6 gas... Can we rebuild that front Differential , do you know ?
Yes, it is the front diff, it is not as bad as your's, i am going to change all bearings and oil.
It must be the carrier bearings. All points to that.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Raul... are you doing this yourself.. or having a shop do it ? Seems like $1250 is a very reasonable price.. IF it solves the grinding noise issues.. Please keep us posted..Thanks..
I am having a shop doing it, $1250? I hope not more than 300€ with the bearings included 😂😂😂.
100€ for bearings and parts, 50€ for oil and the rest for the shop...
But i will keep you posted.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts