Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I'm new to the forum and have just purchased a 2009 V6, 3.6L Touareg. It was purchased from a family member and when he was on the trip to deliver it to me the grille badge got stolen at the motel he stayed at. I was curious if anyone knows what years and possibly other VW models may interchange as we have a couple of VW only junk yards in the area that I may be able to get one from. I don't mind spending the $100 for a new one but why if I can find a good used one. Any info will be appreciated.

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
I didn't think people pinched these any more!

I'd try ebay as well.

·
Registered
556 Posts
I was curious if anyone knows what years and possibly other VW models may interchange
AFAIK all other Volkswagen models (with the possible exception of Amarok, which however should be even more rare than Touaregs) have smaller badges both on the front and also on the back of the vehicle, than what the Touareg has.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Gnits I was able to get one from a 2013 Jetta and it fits perfectly. Much cheaper than e-bay or the dealer.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Does it? But then that's just a flat plate with a sticker on its back, but not a full fledged front badge with clips reaching about an inch into the grille, is it?

Anyway, I'm glad you found a cheap replacement that fits.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I think there was a part number on it but I didn't pay attention, next time I'm detailing I'll pop it out but I don't think it's all that important, from the research I've done with all the local v'dub guys if you have a 130mm badge they pretty much all fit and that is a common size.

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
About this Discussion
9 Replies
4 Participants
Trevorb33
Club Touareg Forum
We’re the online community for Volkswagen Touareg owners to share knowledge about their VW Touareg Sport Utility Vehicles and more!
Full Forum Listing