Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody,
I am from Paraguay and i have a Touareg R5 Auto 2008 with 125.000km.
I will be looking around this forum and then ask for help or share experiences.
best

·
Registered
34 Posts
Welcome to Club Touareg, Julkpy! I have always wanted to visit Paraguay. It looks so beautiful in pictures. I live in Indiana, and while my hometown of Elkhart is the RV capital of the world, I don't know too many people who have traveled internationally. Around here, we tend to think of international travel as being really expensive, but the more I talk to people online and read blogs, I'm not sure that's true. I once heard someone say that if you sell your wedding ring in Elkhart, IN, you might be able to make it as far as Chicago, but that's about it. I still dream of driving across the Americas in a Touareg one day, though.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Welcome!
I am considering driving around South America. Still researching availability of Ultra Low Sulfur Diesel. Our TDIs in NA require ULSD. Mexico has mandated to PEMEX that they have ULSD available by 2018. What is the availability of ULSD in Paraguay? If not now do you know of plans for when it would be available?
We would like to spend a year driving thru SA going to Tierra del Fuego before coming back.
Again, Welcome!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks, and right now paraguay is on the spot because we are hosting de DAKAR Rally, so many impressive cars, their teams and a lot of foreigners arrived for that.
I use to Drive around Brasil and Argentina from Paraguay but not more than 2.000km away from my city.
For people from US, even though some places in South America can be very cheap, it is not so convenient so it requires more planning and considerations than driving around your home country.
Personally i have had the opportunity to travel a lot and live abroad, living and driving in Asia for two years has been a nice experience.
You are welcome if you want to visit Paraguay

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Welcome!
I am considering driving around South America. Still researching availability of Ultra Low Sulfur Diesel. Our TDIs in NA require ULSD. Mexico has mandated to PEMEX that they have ULSD available by 2018. What is the availability of ULSD in Paraguay? If not now do you know of plans for when it would be available?
We would like to spend a year driving thru SA going to Tierra del Fuego before coming back.
Again, Welcome!
We have EURO V Diesel from Petrobras Supplier, here the link of its datasheet http://www.petrobras.com/lumis/portal/file/fileDownload.jsp?fileId=8A11AFBA567051F90158459906C80F7F
I dont know is that diesel fullfil the requirements you have, but it is the best we have around here.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
We have EURO V Diesel from Petrobras Supplier, here the link of its datasheet http://www.petrobras.com/lumis/portal/file/fileDownload.jsp?fileId=8A11AFBA567051F90158459906C80F7F
I dont know is that diesel fullfil the requirements you have, but it is the best we have around here.
it says it is ultra low sulfur, with less than 10 ppm. I think most of the countries around here should have, since we all have in our markets European luxury diesel cars that probably requires also that type of diesel.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Wow, 2013 TDI! Your plan of driving through SA for a year until you reach Tierra del Fuego sounds like my idea of a party. Bus trips, trains, and backpacking don't do it for me. If I were going to travel across an entire continent (which I have never done), a yearlong Treg road trip is the way to go.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts