Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my TDI up to just shy of 130mph just south of the hill on the buffalo farm and EAA in Oshkosh. Unlike my 2004 LS430(great car) there does not seem to be a governor that just quits at 130ish it just goes no higher than 128ish and drives steady. Just a steady wonderful SUV! My wife often drives it to keep the miles down for the warrantee but I was just tearing it up today(I am careful I know my route to work after 20years driving it).

Anyone else is there a governor I missed?

·
Registered
31 Posts
What year is it? I've gotten mine 2008 V8 up to 110 MPH so far and it felt really safe and stable at that speed unlike my previous Grand Cherokee which I'd be scared to bring above 100. I've read somewhere that the speed limiter is set at 130MPH but because of speedometer miscalibration on T-regs that would have to show 135MPH or so. So I say u were close to the limiter.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
2014 so maybe I did not have it high enough. That was a one time thing dont plan on testing it again. As I mentioned my LS just kind of stalls at 130, I bet the Treg does same thing at 135.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts