Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

The family's going down to the Great Sand Dunes in Alamosa Colorado over the 4th of July weekend - not sure which day yet, but we'd be all apt to meet somewhere before heading across Medano Pass to get there.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't actually plan to 'hit' the dunes, just the pass that gets me into the National Park quicker. Well it's not really quicker, but it's less miles to get to the park using the pass than it is going south by Mount Blanca I think it is:confused:. In any case - the pass shouldn't require too much airing down. Last time I aired down on Metberry we went down to 22 I think - maybe it was 25. If we do encounter a lot of sand and it looks deep - towards the national park side, I'd be much more inclined to air all the way down to 18. Any more I think I'd be pushing it.

If anyone wants to join us let me know, I'm going to try to finalize a day today.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
As a tentative meeting point - Philips 66 Gas Station in Walsenburg, Co Exit 52 on I-25 at 9:30am on the 5th of July (most likely the 5th).

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
Ouray is one of my favorite places in Colorado. It's an AWESOME little mountain town.

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
I wish. My work schedule changes for the month of July... where I only get one weekend day off --- which is Saturday.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I wish. My work schedule changes for the month of July... where I only get one weekend day off --- which is Saturday.
I'm pretty sure you wouldn't want to go on the 4th then - since it is the 4th of July? We'd be back in town before 5, so me or the missus can make the kids dinner, if you are worried about that. I could also do the 3rd or the 6th as I'm currently on convalescent leave.

If not, I certainly do understand.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
We're officially going on Wednesday now due to weather. It's supposed to be gorgeous on Wednesday. If you want to join us - please call me. PM me for the number.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts