Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had my touareg for 6 months now and it's been in the shop for 25 days.

Twice: for airbag malfunctions. Airbags had to be replaced.

Three times: for broken headlights.

Twice: for broken wood trim-re-ordered entire wood trim set twice...and they still haven't matched it right.

Once: for broken air suspension knob, loose leather

Besides all these services trips, the service manager refuses to fix the glove compartment box handles that pop open, and squeaky breaks.

I think this car is great, it's probably the greatest ride I've ever had. Maybe it's my own particular car, things are breaking left and right. Dropping 50,000.00 for a luxury suv, for some, is a lot of money. When you price a car at that price, you'd hope the manufacturer had all the kinks worked out before putting the car on the market.

Has anyone had the same type of experience in Seattle? Maybe we can get a group together to handle these problems. Power in numbers I say.

Im not sure if anyone out there has excercised their rights with the lemon law yet, but we are going to be in the process.

Would like to hear from anyone whose ready to give their cars back to the dealership. Or hell, anyone is fine.

· Registered
99 Posts
I think you need a new dealer.

Mine fixed my airbag faults by replacing the wiring harness underneath the drivers seat. And replaced glove compartment mechanism and cup holder latch. They also replaced the hazard switch which they scratched last time I was in.

You should be looking into lemon law policy, here is a website for the Washington area: http://www.washingtonlemon.com/.

There are 3 primary ways to qualify for relief under Washington’s lemon law statute. They are as follows: (1) your vehicle has logged more than 30 days in the shop for one or more defects; (2) your vehicle has a recurring, ongoing problem which has been subject to repair 4 or more times; (3) your vehicle has a life threatening malfunction which is ongoing in nature and has been subject to repair 2 or more times. If you meet either of these three criteria, then you may have a lemon law claim.

· Registered
22 Posts
I just got rid of my Touareg. I don't know how the lemon law works in Washington, but it was an easy process here in Florida. I leased my touareg so I'm getting back about 50% of what I invested in the car(down payment + total monthly payments). I'm so relieved to be out of this lemon. Honestly, the worst car I have ever owned.

· Registered
10 Posts
Headlight malfunctions can be caused by a loose mounting screw on the inside of the engine compartment. I had a loose one that blew two bulbs in a row within a few days until they discovered it.

· Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
In actuality, the dealership itself is a great dealership. University VW has a good service departement..I don't think they know how to fix certain problems...yet, at least. Im sure this car will be close to perfect next year with the 2005's.

I would go to a different dealership. Unfortunately I am bound to the place where I purchased the car.

I was wondering about lemon laws and other cases just to see if my problems are as reasonable as other cases with the treg.

Thanks for the replies.

· Registered
1,294 Posts
mishref is right. I bought my car from a dealership in Nevada and have not been back since. I take my car to the local bay area dealerships and they have not problem helping me with the car's warranty repairs.

Try another dealership and perhaps many of your headaches will disappear.

· Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That might sound like the best idea. Maybe the techs at a different VW can do a better job. I'll keep y'all posted.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.