Club Touareg Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Learner
4,731 Posts
Singh,

Here's a couple screenshots of my RNS-850 & speed limit display. I'll see about getting a VCDS scan for you.
thanks mate, apparently as clarified by Flipperdog the actual maps provided here in Australia by VW dont have the speed info in them. Well isnt that so outdated!
So even if we select display speed info in the menu nothing shows up. will have to wait for the upgrade at some point.....

·
Super Moderator
9,385 Posts
thanks mate, apparently as clarified by Flipperdog the actual maps provided here in Australia by VW dont have the speed info in them. Well isnt that so outdated!
So even if we select display speed info in the menu nothing shows up. will have to wait for the upgrade at some point.....
I have Speed Limits on maps in my RNS 510. Has to be a map update thing rather than firmware issue.

·
Learner
4,731 Posts
I have Speed Limits on maps in my RNS 510. Has to be a map update thing rather than firmware issue.
I have it on my rns 510 as well and wanted the same on the RNS850 but seems the maps released by VW here in OZ dont have the speed info in it...

·
Super Moderator
9,385 Posts
I have it on my rns 510 as well and wanted the same on the RNS850 but seems the maps released by VW here in OZ dont have the speed info in it...
Well that sucks!

·
Super Moderator
1,616 Posts
you're right...the speed limit data must be incorporated in the map file, for the firmware to find it.

However, the firmware must be a correct version in order to display the required data and for the operator to select "show speed limit".

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi. I want to find a better way to update the GPS on my 2013 Touareg. I dealer wants $500.00 for the update. VW America will not provide a better price. The cost is outrageous. Any help will be appreciated. Thank you.
I don't have an answer yet as I have just had a similar quote from my dealer. I do know that there are third parties that provide updates but I don't have enough information on them yet. When I have completed my research I will share it with you.

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
21 - 27 of 27 Posts