Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just took off my "offroad" 17's with ATM LT tyres after some 5K kms of dirt/off-road work to fit my 18" road tyres and noticed that both front rims show signs of gouging (quite deep on one), on the inside of the rim surface caused from what I assume was rock/s caught between the rim and brake caliper.

Have not seen anyone reporting anything similar, has anyone else experienced this?

TonyB

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
My rims have many gouges and scratches. I use it offroad often. I live with it. It's not a maserati.

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
Any particular end of the car as I know the rear wheels especially fill with crud which takes some washing out?

·
Registered
576 Posts
Giday Tony. I had the same thing on one of my 17" during the Treg Muster last year. It was definitely a small stone caught between the calliper and the inside of the wheel. Can't recall whether it was front or back at the time. Wear it with pride!

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Took a couple of pics of the marks on the rims, long one was on the front rim and the smaller (looks like impact marks) is on the rear rim on same side.

TonyB

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
3,813 Posts
Hy Tony,
I have seen similar on my VX Holden, which were caused by stones between the rim and brake calliper as Gazza suggested. Out of sight , out of mind. One thing you can be sure of is they pose no risk to the rim.

Stuart...

·
Registered
576 Posts
Yep. A stone between the calliper and the wheel for sure. BTW, mines bigger than yours ;-)

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yep. A stone between the calliper and the wheel for sure. BTW, mines bigger than yours ;-)
You naughty boy, you've been peeking!:(:(:(:(

1 - 10 of 10 Posts