Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!
I can get original VW BT units (newest version) for RNS 510 / RNS 850 for a really good price.
The units also support the iphone (Telephone book, calling lists and so on) and also supports audio Streaming. You gat the same features as on the premium BT unit.

You won't need a MFSW or MFD to connect your phone.
So you can use it with the Touareg 1.

People who bought my CAN Adaptor will get the phone number into the MFD and the callers name if it's stored in the telephone book.

The unit comes with the microphone, a P&P cable set and 2 years of warranty.

I will NOT sell it via this forum, i only would like to know if anybody is interested.

The price will be around 225 EUR shipped. People from EURO Land will have to pay around 225 EUR + 19% VAT.

Best,

Stefan

·
Premium Member
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Will the unit work as a direct swap in a Touareg 2?
Hi Paul.

In this case not the car is important... only the radio.
If the Touareg 2 has RNS 510/810 or RNS 850 it should be a direct swap.

Maybe you take a look at the connector of the current unit.
If it's a 54 pin connector, it will work directly.

Best,

Stefan

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
Sorry if these are stupid questions...

Does this offer voice activation for the NAV and will it integrate with the steering wheel controls?

·
Premium Member
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hello.

If you are currently able to use the steering wheel controls for your RNS, they will also work for the Phone unit.
And yes... You can use voice control for the phone unit and the RNS then.

Stefan

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
Yes I can use the steering wheel controls but only for the telephone. I'm not sure from your answer if this unit will enable the NAV controls to be voice activated.

Thanks...

·
Premium Member
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
OK...
Let's do it this way:

Do you have RNS 510/810 installed in your car?
If so, you can use the steering wheel buttons AND speech commands.
Speech commands are accepted for the phone unit and the RNS.

Best,

Stefan

(My english is not so good)

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
OK...
Let's do it this way:

Do you have RNS 510/810 installed in your car?
If so, you can use the steering wheel buttons AND speech commands.
Speech commands are accepted for the phone unit and the RNS.

Best,

Stefan

(My english is not so good)
No worries...wish I could even remotely speak German!

Yes it is a factory installed 510 with BlueTooth voice activation. The steering wheel allows for voice activation of the telephone only. There is no voice activation of the navigation system (although I've seen a uTube demonstration from Europe).

I'm under the impression we need a software upgrade that VW seems in no hurry to bring over to North America.

Thanks...

·
Administrator
4,833 Posts
I will NOT sell it via this forum, i only would like to know if anybody is interested.

The price will be around 225 EUR shipped. People from EURO Land will have to pay around 225 EUR + 19% VAT.

Best,

Stefan
Sure sounds like a sales pitch. ;)

Incidentally, why is the price on your website €249.90 and you say €225.00 above?

·
Premium Member
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well...

Maybe they coded it wrong or connected the microphone in a wrong way.

What happens if you hit the right button on the right side of the CD slot on the RNS (Must be a star on or "i").
This must activate the speech control.
if NOT they forgot to enable "Speech commands" in the RNS.
You can do that by VCDS.

If it's enabling the speech commands but the RNS "won't hear" you, they routed the microphone wrong.
The correct route for the Microphone is:

Microphone <-> RNS 510 "mic in" <-> RNS 510 "mic out" <-> Telephone unit.

You should also check the coding on your phone unit.
Speech commands can have 3 different settings inside the unit.
Try them all.
If coded wrong, only speech commands for the phone unit are accepted when pressing the button of the steering wheel, but speech commands for the RNS and the phone unit are accepted, when hitting the speech button on the RNS.

Sounds confusing? Yes it is... ;)

·
Premium Member
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

Incidentally, why is the price on your website €249.90 and you say €225.00 above?
Because i calculated it before i got the actual prices.
But you compare the price with VAT (249,- EUR) with the price without VAT (225 EUR)

you should have written:

Incidentally, why is the price on your website €210.00 and you say €225.00 above?
It actually became cheaper than i thought.

As long as you are not logged into the shop, it thinks that you are from germany.
If you are from the US you will get the price without TAX after logging in.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Now this is getting interesting.
I currently have bluetooth module with Delta radio. No RSN510. The RS510 is my next upgrade. If I understand this post correctly. I can add the RSN510 and your products and the result in additional features would be things such as NAVAGATION voice control; MFD display of NAVAGATION.

Please tell me more about this option: VIDEO "Modus" and Reverse Driving Camera for RNS 510. What does this do?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hello.

I don't know what kind of BT module you have currently installed.
The speech command feature depends on your BT module and NOT on a CAN Adaptor or so.

But you may ask the board member @geraout or @V10 to get some photos of the result of my work. They both have the CAN Adaptor installed and it's working kind of awesome.

Some fotos are here (somewhere in the middle): http://www.clubtouareg.com/forums/f45/conexx-order-how-canbus-1-6-2-0-rns-510-a-51145-5.html

On the video converter...
You can order it with two options:

1st option "Video only"
It will enable the "VIDEO" Button in the MEDIA menu.
You can connect a video source + audio to the converter (A TV Tuner or Playstation and so on) and you will get the video on the screen of the RNS and the audio on your loudspeakers.

2nd option "Video and RV Cam".
Same as option one, but here you can connect a rv camera to the converter.
Every time you drive in reverse gear, you will get the reverse driving screen on your RNS with the video from the RV cam.

The worst part on this converter is: Installing the camera in the back of your car.
It will take at least 2 to 3 hours of time, and you will curse like a sailor the whole time because there is so less space to put the video cable.

Best,

Stefan

·
Registered
48 Posts
eupinkepank said:
Hello.

I don't know what kind of BT module you have currently installed.
The speech command feature depends on your BT module and NOT on a CAN Adaptor or so.

But you may ask the board member @geraout or @V10 to get some photos of the result of my work. They both have the CAN Adaptor installed and it's working kind of awesome.

Some fotos are here (somewhere in the middle): http://www.clubtouareg.com/forums/f45/conexx-order-how-canbus-1-6-2-0-rns-510-a-51145-5.html

On the video converter...
You can order it with two options:

1st option "Video only"
It will enable the "VIDEO" Button in the MEDIA menu.
You can connect a video source + audio to the converter (A TV Tuner or Playstation and so on) and you will get the video on the screen of the RNS and the audio on your loudspeakers.

2nd option "Video and RV Cam".
Same as option one, but here you can connect a rv camera to the converter.
Every time you drive in reverse gear, you will get the reverse driving screen on your RNS with the video from the RV cam.

The worst part on this converter is: Installing the camera in the back of your car.
It will take at least 2 to 3 hours of time, and you will curse like a sailor the whole time because there is so less space to put the video cable.

Best,

Stefan
Has anyone from North America actually bought and installed this? I have a 2010 T2 with Bluetooth but it won't do bt audio or voice navigation input. I was wondering if this would solve that problem?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts