Club Touareg Forum banner

41 - 60 of 103 Posts

·
Learner
MY21 Wolfsburg Moonlight Blue
5,566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
I can confirm OBDEleven can perform adaptations on V8 CR.

I extended the entry delay for the Alarm Siren (for when I used the "Spare" physical key to open the car).

Adaptation
Control unit: 46 Comfort System
Channel: 60
Old value: 0
New value: XX

Note: Value is in seconds. eg. 10, 15, 30.
Thanks, good to know, never tried the physical key, but one should, be prepared and this would allow for more time..

·
Registered
6 Posts
After 6yrs in a 7P V8TDI it was time to give in to the new 2021 CR Wolfsburg.

The night vision, 4 wheel steering, active roll bars, super smooth aluminium running gear, soft closing doors, air cooled, heated massage seats and the all black accents were too enticing...look ahead to next 5yrs of off road adventures...

the towbar/module for MY21 has changed so will be put on soon. Off-road wheels, tyres, CB radio, second battery, etc will go on in time. Will do without a lightbar given the awesome headlight throw and night vision.
The colour is Wolfsburg only Moonlight Blue.

Few pictures of course... fairly large 48v capacitor powering the active suspension/roll bars hiding in the boot...

View attachment 244673

View attachment 244674

View attachment 244669

View attachment 244672

View attachment 244670

View attachment 244677

Wow!!! That is beautiful!!
Wish I could get one of those here in the US!!!
ENJOY!!

·
Registered
424 Posts
Nice looking new Treg Singh. The new CR model is really quite a significant step up with comfort, handling, technology and it’s super quiet. Have you done a night drive yet… love the matrix LED lights. Congrats!

·
Registered
124 Posts
After 6yrs in a 7P V8TDI it was time to give in to the new 2021 CR Wolfsburg.

The night vision, 4 wheel steering, active roll bars, super smooth aluminium running gear, soft closing doors, air cooled, heated massage seats and the all black accents were too enticing...look ahead to next 5yrs of off road adventures...

the towbar/module for MY21 has changed so will be put on soon. Off-road wheels, tyres, CB radio, second battery, etc will go on in time. Will do without a lightbar given the awesome headlight throw and night vision.
The colour is Wolfsburg only Moonlight Blue.

Few pictures of course... fairly large 48v capacitor powering the active suspension/roll bars hiding in the boot...

View attachment 244673

View attachment 244674

View attachment 244669

View attachment 244672

View attachment 244670

View attachment 244677

However will you cope with 4 less cylinders?
Please explain super smooth aluminium running gear??
Very happy for you and all the mods to come.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Well Done Singh. The CR looks absolutely fabulous and is clearly a sizable improvement as you would expect. I had an opportunity to have a drive of GaryK new V8 Last year and I could not believe the quality of the display and how quiet it was. The more I read the Features set posted on the forum the more tempted I get but I made a decision a while ago to stick with my OLD 7L that I have grown quite attached to and upgrade my wifes old 2009 Honda Civic recently to a New T-ROC 2 0L AWD. Great little car to drive around town and it gave me a good insight into the sizable improvement VW have made in electronics package at this level. I will remain interested and look forward to reading progress from everyone on CR. OLIE.

·
Learner
5,566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
Nice looking new Treg Singh. The new CR model is really quite a significant step up with comfort, handling, technology and it’s super quiet. Have you done a night drive yet… love the matrix LED lights. Congrats!
It is indeed mate, radical changes to it all and as you say the suspension and handling are nothing short of impressive. I cant see myself buying another car of this size without eWAS - active roll stabalisation....goes through a corner like a GTI.
with 4wheel steering the turning is down to 11m, that is about the same as a golf.
iq matrix lights and the tech behind is brilliant, no need for a lightbar for sure. and how nightvision works is awesome, to clarify you dont need to bring it up on the dash and keep looking at it, the system identifies humans/animals far away and calculates it approach onto the road highlighting them in orange or red if in danger and matrix lights shine on it - tried this around the suburb.....and when you get home you ask the car to open the garage and it obeys :)

Reactions: Coight57

·
Learner
5,566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
However will you cope with 4 less cylinders?
Please explain super smooth aluminium running gear??
Very happy for you and all the mods to come.
some night time reading for you Matt :)

as its hundreds of kilos less than the V10 and about 200kgs less than the V8 am not missing much to the 0 to whatever sprint at the lights, remap on the 210kw get you 5.2 seconds to the hundred, quicker than the 7p V8 i had :)

·
Learner
5,566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
Well Done Singh. The CR looks absolutely fabulous and is clearly a sizable improvement as you would expect. I had an opportunity to have a drive of GaryK new V8 Last year and I could not believe the quality of the display and how quiet it was. The more I read the Features set posted on the forum the more tempted I get but I made a decision a while ago to stick with my OLD 7L that I have grown quite attached to and upgrade my wifes old 2009 Honda Civic recently to a New T-ROC 2 0L AWD. Great little car to drive around town and it gave me a good insight into the sizable improvement VW have made in electronics package at this level. I will remain interested and look forward to reading progress from everyone on CR. OLIE.
thanks Olie, funny you say that, picked up a grey TRoc on the same day as well. great little car, got all options inc pano. the only thing vw left out was wireless charging but it has wireless carplay/android auto

·
Registered
82 Posts
I Love the TROC it feels so secure on the road for a small car and best of all my wife loves it. Not getting anywhere near the economy that you reported on new CR Treg. Pretty nippy but around town 9.5-10L/100kms is best I can achieve. The electronic advancements comes with a few issues that are annoying that I have had to adjust to. Wireless Android Auto on occasions cuts out the radio when I get a message or my phone switches off and the reverse camera switches off for no apparent reason.. I have been working my way through the issues but it is a good fun.. The TROC electronic advancements certainly significant improvement on my old Treg . OLIE.

·
Learner
5,566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
I Love the TROC it feels so secure on the road for a small car and best of all my wife loves it. Not getting anywhere near the economy that you reported on new CR Treg. Pretty nippy but around town 9.5-10L/100kms is best I can achieve. The electronic advancements comes with a few issues that are annoying that I have had to adjust to. Wireless Android Auto on occasions cuts out the radio when I get a message or my phone switches off and the reverse camera switches off for no apparent reason.. I have been working my way through the issues but it is a good fun.. The TROC electronic advancements certainly significant improvement on my old Treg . OLIE.
Have done only 200kms on it so far with no electronic issues with anything.
Have you turned on the speed alert on the maps? Nice soft dong the car alerts you when you go over the street speed limit

·
Registered
82 Posts
No I have not enabled speed alert on Maps. That would be great. I have not seen it mention anywhere.. I have become quite accustomed to setting speed warning but that is a fixed number ,active cruise, lane keep assist and the rear collision avoidance all work well. The radar seems to pick up vehicles a long distance away when you are reversing out of parking spot. I have also had a few random appearances of the advance warning display for reasons that I could not explain. Wont tow my Caravan unfortunately. Atlantic Blue in colour. OLIE

·
Registered
887 Posts
As an old Touareg owner it is interesting reading you two (Olie and Singh) talking about also owning T-Rocs. My other half just picked one up last month. 140TSI with both options in Ravenna Blue.
Great drive but really disappointed in the MIB3 system.

Reactions: Singh

·
Learner
5,566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
No I have not enabled speed alert on Maps. That would be great. I have not seen it mention anywhere.. I have become quite accustomed to setting speed warning but that is a fixed number ,active cruise, lane keep assist and the rear collision avoidance all work well. The radar seems to pick up vehicles a long distance away when you are reversing out of parking spot. I have also had a few random appearances of the advance warning display for reasons that I could not explain. Wont tow my Caravan unfortunately. Atlantic Blue in colour. OLIE
It's there in the settings, once enabled if you go above the street speed which the map displays you will hear a ding and it puts an exclamation mark next to the speed sign as well.
Set the front assist to a lower setting and it will behave better.

·
Learner
5,566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
As an old Touareg owner it is interesting reading you two (Olie and Singh) talking about also owning T-Rocs. My other half just picked one up last month. 140TSI with both options in Ravenna Blue.
Great drive but really disappointed in the MIB3 system.
We could now have a clubtroc it seems 😉

·
Registered
61 Posts
Congratulations Singh, from an old blue Wolf to your new one 😊

Yeh, the automatic safety stuff is over-the-top Nanny … until it kicks in and saves someone’s life 😯. It’s not perfect but it’s often better than I am 😒, so I’m happy to have it 😏.

Reactions: Singh

·
Learner
5,566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 ·
Congratulations Singh, from an old blue Wolf to your new one 😊

Yeh, the automatic safety stuff is over-the-top Nanny … until it kicks in and saves someone’s life 😯. It’s not perfect but it’s often better than I am 😒, so I’m happy to have it 😏.
Thanks Hughsie. The cross traffic works quite well, acc has been improved to make it smooth so the traffic jam experience is compliant, the front assist is best when it's dialled down to the lowest sensitivity I reckon, else it steps in too soon.
saving a pedestrian is good but the pyrotechnics setting off as a result to make the bonnet a couch to save the individual will leave a fair bill to reload the fireworks I say...

Reactions: Hughsie and Vne

·
Premium Member
MY21 V8 TDI Grey
61 Posts
Thanks Hughsie. The cross traffic works quite well, acc has been improved to make it smooth so the traffic jam experience is compliant, the front assist is best when it's dialled down to the lowest sensitivity I reckon, else it steps in too soon.
saving a pedestrian is good but the pyrotechnics setting off as a result to make the bonnet a couch to save the individual will leave a fair bill to reload the fireworks I say...
Agreed. Front Assist to "late" warning otherwise it'll do things like hit the brakes when you're going round a right-hand bend when a car's parked on the side of the road. Or if it thinks you're going to set off at a roundabout when something's coming from the right.

I also turned off the 'manoeuvre braking' (stops you hitting cars while you're parking) cos that was a bit too sensitive for my liking. It also didn't like the garage door shutting nearby.

The 'lane keeping assistant' or whatever it's called (nudges you back into the lane) defaults to 'on' with the ignition. I used OBDEleven to change it so it remembers the last setting, as I got bored of turning it off all the time. I do use it on long runs. See post in the VAG-COM forum.

·
Learner
5,566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #58 ·
Agreed. Front Assist to "late" warning otherwise it'll do things like hit the brakes when you're going round a right-hand bend when a car's parked on the side of the road. Or if it thinks you're going to set off at a roundabout when something's coming from the right.

I also turned off the 'manoeuvre braking' (stops you hitting cars while you're parking) cos that was a bit too sensitive for my liking. It also didn't like the garage door shutting nearby.

The 'lane keeping assistant' or whatever it's called (nudges you back into the lane) defaults to 'on' with the ignition. I used OBDEleven to change it so it remembers the last setting, as I got bored of turning it off all the time. I do use it on long runs. See post in the VAG-COM forum.
Turned off or reversed the stop start behaviour?

·
Premium Member
654 Posts
Beautiful, Singh, congrats. This one ready for Canning Stock Route? My V10 close on 250 000 km and, fingers crossed, still going strong. Could you post RRP in Aus - not that I’m up for one, just interested.

Reactions: Steve_L and Singh

·
Learner
5,566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #60 ·
Beautiful, Singh, congrats. This one ready for Canning Stock Route? My V10 close on 250 000 km and, fingers crossed, still going strong. Could you post RRP in Aus - not that I’m up for one, just interested.
Hi mate, been a while, hope you're well!
Canning stock round deux eh? Would be good to get out there again.
V6 Wolfsburg about 140 and add another 20k for additional two cylinders.
Non Wolfsburg models in Rline are bit cheaper, the 190tdi and the entry range 170tdi without air suspension etc is even cheaper...

41 - 60 of 103 Posts