Club Touareg Forum banner

21 - 40 of 103 Posts

·
Premium Member
MY21 V8 TDI Grey
61 Posts
Awesome. Now I too originally thought one had to turn to night vision mode, but seems apparently not. As long as it's 'on' in the background.
I had something similar, the mfi screen changed to night vision and it placed the guy on the side of the street in orange as he was approaching to cross the road in yonder. Brilliant!
Night vision works really well.

Mine randomly flashed the car in front the other day. Maybe cos he was going too slow and in the wrong lane. Anyway he moved :D

·
Registered
644 Posts
Nice!

I got to experience the Night Vision last week.
I have put ALL the Nanny options on, until I decide if I want their "help". I was driving through a Coast night spot when an couple stumbled out between some parked cars. Though the Night Vision screen wasn't active, their Image with a red Halo popped into the driver display and the :extended pedestrian protection measures" kicked in - No dents or blood on the bonnet and fenders. I particularly liked how the Matrix LEDs put a spotlight on them and they stopped - brilliant.
Mine flashed at a warm tree the other evening o_O

Reactions: Singh

·
Learner
MY21 Wolfsburg Moonlight Blue
5,566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
That's an awesome colour and plate choice. The R-line let alone Wolfsburg wasn't on my radar until I drove first the R-line then a quick pre-decision drive in the Wolfsburg. The flat ride and turning circle were obvious benefits on the R-line and I didn't know I absolutely needed soft close doors until I experienced the Wolfy. As always Euro optioning is not cheap but on this car to me the extras offered compelling value for a car I expect to own for 10+ years.
Brilliant, so right!
I must say it's all very worth it. The ride is awesome, great work vw

·
Registered
526 Posts
Hey Singh, have you had the VCDS on it yet to do some tinkering? Ha ha

Pete

·
Learner
5,566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Hey Singh, have you had the VCDS on it yet to do some tinkering? Ha ha

Pete
Part of the excitement and ownership Pete :)
have a few mods on mind so the journey shall begin soon....the complexity has gone up quite a bit I see.

Reactions: evaddirb

·
Registered
526 Posts
You're a brave man to embark on that on the Wolf still in warranty.

No doubt you'll tread carefully.

Pete

·
Learner
5,566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
You're a brave man to embark on that on the Wolf still in warranty.

No doubt you'll tread carefully.

Pete
indeed, no pain no gain....fortune favours the brave :)

·
Learner
5,566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Whoaaaaa ... very VERY nice, Singh.

When can I go for a ride ???? 😁

My contribution will be to give you an accurate take on the centering of the sticker 😜

Congrats on the new wheels, well done !
thanks mate, anytime, will be up back in qld as soon they allow me to get back in

Reactions: smclaren

·
Learner
5,566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
In the meantime you could augment your signature footer ;)
👍🙂 Was trying to, realised that it won't let me keep the history and add the new..there's a limit on how long the signature can be.
@Steve_L could we request a change please and allow for few more lines in the signature? Otherwise we could really cut down what we put in it...

Reactions: Steve_L

·
Super Moderator
2015 R Line V8
2,418 Posts
👍🙂 Was trying to, realised that it won't let me keep the history and add the new..there's a limit on how long the signature can be.
@Steve_L could we request a change please and allow for few more lines in the signature? Otherwise we could really cut down what we put in it...
We went down that slippery slope a few years ago, and the site owners refused to amend the signature protocols. The maximum number of characters permitted is all we will get.
However, there is a 'sneaky' way around it, that I did use for a while.
Attach a photo as your signature, and (if I recall correctly) there are no limits to the amount of characters you may then include within the photo. So, by adding text within a photo, you could get more info. Not sure if they have closed that loophole or not.
As for yours, I believe you still have a few more characters space to use - if you 'retire' the V6/V10/V8 with shortened descriptions. (if I listed all the mods on my motorbike....every post I made will fill a page :) )

·
Learner
5,566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
We went down that slippery slope a few years ago, and the site owners refused to amend the signature protocols. The maximum number of characters permitted is all we will get.
However, there is a 'sneaky' way around it, that I did use for a while.
Attach a photo as your signature, and (if I recall correctly) there are no limits to the amount of characters you may then include within the photo. So, by adding text within a photo, you could get more info. Not sure if they have closed that loophole or not.
As for yours, I believe you still have a few more characters space to use - if you 'retire' the V6/V10/V8 with shortened descriptions. (if I listed all the mods on my motorbike....every post I made will fill a page :) )
Good call, best to clean up old signatures and shorten it, thanks @Steve_L

Reactions: Steve_L

·
Registered
2019 Touareg CR 3.0 TDI
69 Posts
Congratulations Singh. That's a beautiful ride! Wishing you many enjoyable and safe kilometers in it! Also looking forward to seeing it when you get back!!

·
Learner
5,566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
Congratulations Singh. That's a beautiful ride! Wishing you many enjoyable and safe kilometers in it! Also looking forward to seeing it when you get back!!
Thanks mate, should look at a get together soon again!

Reactions: smclaren

·
Registered
2021 Wolfsburg V82008 TDI V6
6 Posts
I have it's twin, arrived 29th April (the advantage of living on west coast).

So far have only changed the plates, towbar, EDC, and Anderson plug being fitted next week.

IMG_0177.JPG

Moonlight blue V8, Panoramic roof.

It turns corners itself on the highway but does not like me driving one handed (I'll have to work out how to turn that part off).

·
Learner
5,566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 · (Edited)
I have it's twin, arrived 29th April (the advantage of living on west coast).

So far have only changed the plates, towbar, EDC, and Anderson plug being fitted next week.

View attachment 244717 View attachment 244718

Moonlight blue V8, Panoramic roof.

It turns corners itself on the highway but does not like me driving one handed (I'll have to work out how to turn that part off).
Congrats!
Towbar fitted? Original VW MY21 module? I didn't think it was available yet

·
Registered
2021 Wolfsburg V82008 TDI V6
6 Posts
Hi Singh

I ended up going after market with the towbar and module, was promised it would do everything, will see what happens when it is fitted next week.

·
Learner
5,566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
Hi Singh

I ended up going after market with the towbar and module, was promised it would do everything, will see what happens when it is fitted next week.
Gday Bruce,
That maketh sense then.
Would be worth comparing notes at some point given my21 module is different and still under development.
Have you run a scan and tested all relevant connections, features?

·
Registered
MY16 R-Line V8 Black (7P) + MY21 R-Line V8 Black (CR)
73 Posts
I can confirm OBDEleven can perform adaptations on V8 CR.

I extended the entry delay for the Alarm Siren (for when I used the "Spare" physical key to open the car).

Adaptation
Control unit: 46 Comfort System
Channel: 60
Old value: 0
New value: XX

Note: Value is in seconds. eg. 10, 15, 30.

21 - 40 of 103 Posts