Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Learner
MY21 Wolfsburg Moonlight Blue
5,550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After 6yrs in a 7P V8TDI it was time to give in to the new 2021 CR Wolfsburg.

The night vision, 4 wheel steering, active roll bars, super smooth aluminium running gear, soft closing doors, air cooled, heated massage seats and the all black accents were too enticing...look ahead to next 5yrs of off road adventures...

the towbar/module for MY21 has changed so will be put on soon. Off-road wheels, tyres, CB radio, second battery, etc will go on in time. Will do without a lightbar given the awesome headlight throw and night vision.
The colour is Wolfsburg only Moonlight Blue.

Few pictures of course... fairly large 48v capacitor powering the active suspension/roll bars hiding in the boot...

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2015 R Line V8
2,413 Posts
Congrats mate...nice one. Can't wait to see it in October.

Reactions: Singh

·
Registered
337 Posts
Absolutely beautiful Singh! That is a great color combo! And what a kit! So many goodies. How far they have come. Us N. Americans can only sit back and admire. VW clearly dislikes Americans. They are holding a grudge for getting held accountable. I can’t wait to hear more about your adventures and experiences. Glad you are staying with us. You are important to this community. Cheers.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Nice one Singh. Very envious. A Club Touareg sticker going on it?

Pete

·
Registered
641 Posts

·
Registered
2011 VR6 FSI LUX
1,301 Posts
Very Nice lookin' ride Singh. Congrats!!

·
Learner
5,550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Reactions: Crispy3

·
Learner
5,550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Congrats mate. ✔
I notice they have put covers over those gaping holes over the top row corner squares of the grill.
I will be needing those part numbers 😎

View attachment 244680
Yes they have, don't know why they had it open like that before.
The side intercoolers intakes are open as well now, rather than just one slit

·
Learner
5,550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Absolutely beautiful Singh! That is a great color combo! And what a kit! So many goodies. How far they have come. Us N. Americans can only sit back and admire. VW clearly dislikes Americans. They are holding a grudge for getting held accountable. I can’t wait to hear more about your adventures and experiences. Glad you are staying with us. You are important to this community. Cheers.
Thanks Brobb. And I hope they do. They have put so much in.. unfortunately the low range part is gone but the new box, setup should be able to handle quite a bit

·
Learner
5,550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Congrats mate...nice one. Can't wait to see it in October.
Indeed Steve, driving out the display comforts me with 1350 to a tank already😲

Reactions: Steve_L

·
Registered
MY16 R-Line V8 Black (7P) + MY21 R-Line V8 Black (CR)
58 Posts
Nice!

I got to experience the Night Vision last week.
I have put ALL the Nanny options on, until I decide if I want their "help". I was driving through a Coast night spot when an couple stumbled out between some parked cars. Though the Night Vision screen wasn't active, their Image with a red Halo popped into the driver display and the :extended pedestrian protection measures" kicked in - No dents or blood on the bonnet and fenders. I particularly liked how the Matrix LEDs put a spotlight on them and they stopped - brilliant.

·
Registered
886 Posts
Well done Singh. :D

·
Learner
5,550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Nice!

I got to experience the Night Vision last week.
I have put ALL the Nanny options on, until I decide if I want their "help". I was driving through a Coast night spot when an couple stumbled out between some parked cars. Though the Night Vision screen wasn't active, their Image with a red Halo popped into the driver display and the :extended pedestrian protection measures" kicked in - No dents or blood on the bonnet and fenders. I particularly liked how the Matrix LEDs put a spotlight on them and they stopped - brilliant.
Awesome. Now I too originally thought one had to turn to night vision mode, but seems apparently not. As long as it's 'on' in the background.
I had something similar, the mfi screen changed to night vision and it placed the guy on the side of the street in orange as he was approaching to cross the road in yonder. Brilliant!

·
Learner
5,550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

·
Registered
92 Posts
Whoaaaaa ... very VERY nice, Singh.

When can I go for a ride ???? 😁

My contribution will be to give you an accurate take on the centering of the sticker 😜

Congrats on the new wheels, well done !

·
Registered
2021 Touareg 210TDI R-Line Wolfsburg Edition Pure White
5 Posts
That's an awesome colour and plate choice. The R-line let alone Wolfsburg wasn't on my radar until I drove first the R-line then a quick pre-decision drive in the Wolfsburg. The flat ride and turning circle were obvious benefits on the R-line and I didn't know I absolutely needed soft close doors until I experienced the Wolfy. As always Euro optioning is not cheap but on this car to me the extras offered compelling value for a car I expect to own for 10+ years.

1 - 20 of 66 Posts