Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of the tires on my wife's Treg has a nail in the side wall. Needless to say it has to be replaced. Wondering if anyone out there has a Goodyear Eagle LS2 tire with good tread life they would be willing to sell. Let me know. Thanks

Erik

·
Registered
396 Posts
See my ad for Atheo wheels dated 8/24/2011. It has photos and descriptions of the LS2 tires. I sold the wheels, PM me if you are interested.

·
Super Moderator
9,385 Posts
How many miles are on the other three tires? They need to be the same diameter or within I believe 3% or you will run the risk of damaging the drive line due to one tire being a different diameter then the other three.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Let's say, for the sake of argument, that you cannot afford a new Touareg, but found one with 45,000 miles on the odometer, that was on its second set of tires. The tires had between 6 and 7/32nds tread remaining. Would you replace them just because they were used?

Or, let's say, you bought a new set of tires 15,000 miles ago, and had the misfortune of puncturing one with a nail into the sidewall. Would you throw out the three tires with 7/32nds remaining so you could install four new tires? What if the four new tires would cost $1,200 installed?

If all new Touaregs came with a full sized spare, and you rotated it in every 5,000 miles, would that be best? What if you only had the inflatable?

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
Buy used or new tire of the same kind and don’t worry much about damaging drive line. The differential will take of the issue so it won’t happen – and this you can confirm with any tire store or dealership tire department. I’ve been through similar situation with my previous truck and bought brand-new tire for replacement. When the rest of tires were due for replacement, I replaced all four tires and kept a full size spare in a very decent condition.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts