Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, for those of you that signed up for the TDI goodwill package, what do you plan on spending your $500 dealership money on?? I am probably going to use it towards a new set of Conti DWS06 tires this Spring. Any other good spending ideas out there?

·
Registered
875 Posts
As long as there is no expiration date on any of the goodwill money, I'll use it on 10,000 mile service intervals and 4 new TPMS sensors when the original ones give up in a few years.

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
As long as there is no expiration date on any of the goodwill money, I'll use it on 10,000 mile service intervals and 4 new TPMS sensors when the original ones give up in a few years.
I believe the cards/money expire one year from the date the cards were issued.

·
Registered
3,836 Posts
Should be soon. It stated we would start to receive in 4 weeks after enrolling. That means at least 4 weeks, I guess.

·
Registered
122 Posts
probably going to get my trailer hitch wiring and connector all installed and with the VW Money, will get the VW luggage rack locking / adjustable cross bars. OR, may get a set of off road tires??

·
Registered
875 Posts
Wait for the "Buy 3, get one for a $1" sales that they do.

I've done that math on those deals when I see them(twice) in the last 3 years, and it's still costs more at the dealership than going to an independent tire dealer. Plus, the VW dealer will only offer the deal on the very few brands/models that they carry.

4 tires, including mounting, balancing, is $145 less at my local independent tire dealer for Pirelli Scorpion Verde Plus 255 55 18. The VW dealership charges additionally for mounting, balancing, disposal fee, plus their individual tire cost is more as well (and they don't have the Verde Plus and won't even try to source them!!).

·
Registered
969 Posts
I've done that math on those deals when I see them(twice) in the last 3 years, and it's still costs more at the dealership than going to an independent tire dealer. Plus, the VW dealer will only offer the deal on the very few brands/models that they carry.

4 tires, including mounting, balancing, is $145 less at my local independent tire dealer for Pirelli Scorpion Verde Plus 255 55 18. The VW dealership charges additionally for mounting, balancing, disposal fee, plus their individual tire cost is more as well (and they don't have the Verde Plus and won't even try to source them!!).
You need a better parts guy. Mine, to your point, has steered me away from the limited selection behind the 3+1 VW offering and will source any tire I want, including the Verde Plus

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
My local dealer was able to get me the Extreme Contact DW tires for my Eos cheaper than the local shops with the special. And those were on my list of tires to try. :- )

·
Registered
786 Posts

·
Registered
3,836 Posts
When it comes to dealers and tires, YMMV. I use a local shop that I like a lot...has right equipment and skill set to do the job. Fair price and great result. I've never tried using the dealer but with the diesel cash I would consider it if I were in the market. Instead, I'm getting my 80k service done and the rest is for fun.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Has anyone with a Touareg 2 received a goodwill package?

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
My wife and I both received the package today. Nice!

She is planning on buying some VW swag. I'm saving my $500 dealership money for things for the vehicle.

·
Registered
875 Posts
Received my cards today. Registered 1/16. I find it a little inconvenient that I have to drive to the VW dealership to have the cards "activated". 1 hour for $1000..Well OK then.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts