Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Simply stated, my 2012 Treg TDI was a great rig. Finally completed the buyback a few months ago. I put over 170,000 miles on my Treg and it only required normal maintenance. VW money was too rich to turn down. Buyout for me was almost $34,000. I was able to find a 2014 BMW X5 diesel with 52,000 miles for $31,000 for sale at a VW dealer. The Treg was treated as a trade-in and therefore I saved on PA sales tax (6%). So I moved to another diesel that is 2 years newer and approximately 120,000 fewer miles and was still able to put a few bucks in my pocket. I definitely did not want another car loan. Received the Bosch money yesterday which prompted this post.

The BMW X5 diesel is very nice but I still miss my "understated" Treg. Driving dynamics are very similar but the X5 steering is very loose/touchy(?). It feels like the electronic assist is too much. Much preferred the Treg steering in comparison. The MPG on the BMW has been a little better than the Treg for me. I was averaging 24-26 (mixed driving) with the Treg. I am averaging 25-28 (mixed driving) with the X5.

I try to be extra nice to other drivers on the roads now including the big tractor trailers. I will try to overcome the negative assumptions that seem to follow those that drive the BMW nameplate. haha

I wanted to thank all of the contributors on this site. Reading the forums while drinking my coffee had become a daily ritual.

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
Good to read of someone's actual experience on the buy back and the replacement.

Here in Europe there's nothing - no Bosch contribution, no VW buy back, just total zilch.

It's as though Dieselgate never happened.

·
Registered
828 Posts
I may have to go through the same process,but am putting it off as long as possible. I love my 2012. Tough to trade my favorite car. I have only 55k on the odometer,so my buy back is crazy high.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Good to read of someone's actual experience on the buy back and the replacement.

Here in Europe there's nothing - no Bosch contribution, no VW buy back, just total zilch.

It's as though Dieselgate never happened.
Very odd isn't it. Why we are not included is beyond me.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
180 Posts
Congratulations on the buyback and conversion to BMW. I did the same with my 2011 Touareg with 238,500 miles on it. Did the buyback, a painless process, and went with a MB GLE350 4MATIC.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts