Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a lot of things going on with my 05 VW T-reg. I really want to put some money into it but everything with the dealer is so expensive. I was wondering if anyone could recommend a reasonably priced mechanic in Indianapolis.

My most pressing issue is a pink/light red fluid that was found under my car this morning. I was having an issue with the fan running for 1-2 mins for the past week and now I see this. I hope it's a coolant issue and not something expensive like the transmission.

Regardless I'll need someone good to help my fix it. Any help or advice would be much appreciated.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
Unless it's one of the diesels or it involves the air suspension, any decent shop can work on your VW. If the fluid smells sweet, it's antifreeze. (DO NOT TASTE IT!!)

if the fluid is oily, it could be trans fluid. I don't know if VW factory fluid is pink or not.

With the vehicle off and the engine COLD, look around the radiator and other hoses for a possible leak. The engine has to be COLD so that the fans don't start up. Either way, keep your hands and hair clear of the fans while you're poking around under there.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts