Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well hard decision but I am going to part with the R50. Anyone with interest PM me. !95,000 k's , Looking around $35k. Have a lot of extras , including New set of front Brakes , Extra Wheels . Condition is good. Had the tailshaft replaced , Sump guard , new Phone module .

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2015 R Line V8
2,155 Posts
is that 95000kms or 195000kms?

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
is that 95000kms or 195000kms?
195,000 Steve, just run in. You know I was just thinking I've been here 10 years now! A long time with he same brand.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I sense a brand change is in the offing….

I keep mi-eg , in spite of it's age and uncoolness because I don't see anything else that I want .

I could buy an rline , cost isn't the issue , but it would be massive overkill for my very low usage and it will really just be another eg.

I'm hoping to keep the old girl until something really sexy in the hybrid market comes along.

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I sense a brand change is in the offing….
Not sure yet , I am very attached to the R50 and the Touareg brand. But I am only going to get a deal if I don't have a trade. In my opinion the R50 is still the best looking of all Tregs.

Interesting I am getting know the VW dealers that are pretty useless. VW Sutherland would not know if their ar$e is on fire, can't even return an inquiry!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Another Classic R50 Photo

Attachments

·
Registered
144 Posts
While you are having this conniption , perhaps you can trade that clunky old boxer in on a new Africa Twin..
(ot but I was given a r9t as a service loaner t'other day, nice to ride a boxer again..memories…. )

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
While you are having this conniption , perhaps you can trade that clunky old boxer in on a new Africa Twin..
(ot but I was given a r9t as a service loaner t'other day, nice to ride a boxer again..memories…. )
Yeh had a lot of BM's over time as well. Perhaps I am brand loyal? The GS is latest model though, so don't think I'll change just yet , especially not for the Honda.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Bails

all the best im going through what you are right now. Need to off load my rig as she is costing me to much while out or work.

Totally agree about Sutho VW .... I always go for Barlo ... or now called city VW

thumbs up mate !!!!

·
Registered
585 Posts
VW Sutherland would not know if their ar$e is on fire,
Roger that!
I know Singh was pretty happy with the mob he got his R Line from. Perhaps send him a PM?

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Too cheap for what it is but it'll get a quick off load. Hey, Mellisa might even be up for it to replace the one she just had totalled. John

Well hard decision but I am going to part with the R50. Anyone with interest PM me. !95,000 k's , Looking around $35k. Have a lot of extras , including New set of front Brakes , Extra Wheels . Condition is good. Had the tailshaft replaced , Sump guard , new Phone module .

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Too cheap for what it is but it'll get a quick off load. Hey, Mellisa might even be up for it to replace the one she just had totalled. John
Yes when you look at all the options these cars have they are very cheap in the Second hand market. I have priced mine for a quick sale, I reckon I have about $3,000 of extras that go with the car. Have had good interest to date, no board members but carsales is working.

·
Learner
5,155 Posts
In my opinion the R50 is still the best looking of all Tregs.
Perhaps there will be an Rline/ wolfsburg edition coming out soon that might change your mind, atleast about the looks Bails

·
Registered
344 Posts
G'day
I did hear a suggestion last night that the new 2017 Amarok might come with a V8 option...

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
G'day
I did hear a suggestion last night that the new 2017 Amarok might come with a V8 option...
heard this as well but does not seem to be true. R50 gone , well is if I am paid for it. went very fast with several offers, so I think existing owners will have no issues. Will be a sad day , sure I will shed a tear.

Finding RRS that I can consider good value is doing my head in ! Paying for options that are standard on a 6yr old car is like getting poked in the Bum with a blunt stick.

·
Registered
2,705 Posts
heard this as well but does not seem to be true. R50 gone , well is if I am paid for it. went very fast with several offers, so I think existing owners will have no issues. Will be a sad day , sure I will shed a tear.

Finding RRS that I can consider good value is doing my head in ! Paying for options that are standard on a 6yr old car is like getting poked in the Bum with a blunt stick.
Bails I have been following this with interest.
Glad you were able to get a new owner for the blue girl so fast.
Hope they look after her well.
Also hope you keep in contact with us all over time.
Will like a review of the RRS when you have had it for a while to form that relationship. (wont be like the R50 though)

All the best Drag

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Drag I don't see me leaving this community in a hurry. Ten years of posting for me.

Have a look at a recent quote I recieved on a RRS blows my mind.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
25K in Luxury car tax ?? Wtf?
And the green and do gooders say I don't pay my fair share of tax. Lets all jump on the govt owes me bandwagon !

1 - 20 of 70 Posts