Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to at a 2014 R-line Touareg tomorrow. What do you guys think is a decent price?

29k miles
TDI
White
needs tires soon
retail

·
Super Moderator
3,813 Posts
FREE !!

·
Registered
969 Posts
private party sale? Go to kbb or edmunds.

Argue TDIs are devalued by VW shenanigans

New shoes are 1200 for decent stuff. Factory should cover one more service trip (36k). Ad blue and LOF is probably about 150 bucks.

35k?

·
Registered
969 Posts
Saw my 2013 exec with 36k (just traded in) at the dealer site for 41k. I'd expect a 2104 R-line would fetch same if they put new tires on it, hence my earlier post

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok I'll report back. Does the R-Line have any towing drawbacks? The towing capacity is still the same right?

·
Registered
399 Posts
Ok I'll report back. Does the R-Line have any towing drawbacks? The towing capacity is still the same right?
Absolutely the same. You are paying a premium for the R-Line because it is simply more badass-looking than a Lux or Exec.

Good luck with the purchase. Negotiate hard (it is a buyer's market for these TDIs), but not too hard because not easy to find an R-Line Touareg.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok great. I was thinking about the "sport tuned suspension" and if it can handle the same weight..

I don't think I'm going to trade in my current Touareg, but the new one is 2hrs away. Has anyone towed their Touareg?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
20,430 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have a car hauler. Weighs about 2k. Plus the 04 v8 treg weighs 5300ish?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I ended up getting a one way rental car. Test drive went great and I bought it! I was very impressed with the handling of the R-Line. It's stiff (good) and steering is pretty direct even compared to some cars I've driven left alone 5000lb SUVs. The white paint looks amazing on this car plus it's easier to clean. Not sure how accurate the mpg display is, but it got 30.5 mpg on the 2hr drive to my house! I think I got a pretty good deal on it too. I can PM you the price if you're interested.

Here are a few pics

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
Nice. Well done.

·
Registered
304 Posts
I ended up getting a one way rental car. Test drive went great and I bought it! I was very impressed with the handling of the R-Line. It's stiff (good) and steering is pretty direct even compared to some cars I've driven left alone 5000lb SUVs. The white paint looks amazing on this car plus it's easier to clean. Not sure how accurate the mpg display is, but it got 30.5 mpg on the 2hr drive to my house! I think I got a pretty good deal on it too. I can PM you the price if you're interested.

Here are a few pics

Exactly the same as mine 14 Execline Rline . I hope you will enjoy it as much as I do mine. Sport tuned suspension is excellent for the road handling and comfortable for log trips. The towing is excellent too, just like every Touareg. Trailer hookup is very easy with the camera. Mine is still listed in Kellies book in Canadian $ between 51000 and $ 55,000 depending on the mileage and condition, I have 16,700 miles on it and have had no problems with it.
Enjoy it my friend.

·
Registered
3,836 Posts
Congrats. Love the black headliner.

·
Registered
399 Posts
The European exhaust tips and the 21-inch Mallory wheels. Bow Down Bow Down Bow Down

·
Registered
219 Posts
Nice car! But those don't look like 21" wheels, I think they are 20"'s

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
looks great, but the steering wheel has been fitted on the wrong side of the truck?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts