Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2015 R Line V8
2,878 Posts
and....BUMP.

Currently searching for the same info. Noob y/Hedditch/Anyone? Thoughts/links etc please. Need to replace #2 Glowplug...so figured "one out all out"

Any idea on parts costs? Where from etc?

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
Can't help on this - glow plugs are what I have on the landing so I can see my way to the loo at night!

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
I haven't done the ones on my Treg, but on my other diesels (including a Golf TDI), you just pull the boot off and remove the plug with a deep socket. Kind of like changing a spark plug. The system will show a fault if the harness is damaged. Obviously, if you need a new harness, get it from the dealer. Plugs? Not sure if there are aftermarket plugs available. I bought plugs off eBay for the Golf (brand name).

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I haven't done the ones on my Treg, but on my other diesels (including a Golf TDI), you just pull the boot off and remove the plug with a deep socket. Kind of like changing a spark plug. The system will show a fault if the harness is damaged. Obviously, if you need a new harness, get it from the dealer. Plugs? Not sure if there are aftermarket plugs available. I bought plugs off eBay for the Golf (brand name).

I think it's a bigger job on the Treg - looks like the intake has got to come off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Swivel, extension, deep socket and a piece of hose is all you need. The intake does not need to be removed. At least not according to a couple of Youtube videos I just watched.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
The videos show Audi A6's. Mine is very similar, and I can see and access all 6 glow plugs.

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.