Club Touareg Forum banner
61 - 68 of 68 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
So I’m getting that I have a flat tire when I don’t faulty air bag, passenger windows will not roll down. Sunroof not working, can’t open up the back hatch with the handle. Etc. just need to know how to really start to start fixing these things.
I have the Same problem on my 2004 Volkswagen Touareg. The yellow warning light comes on that I have a flat tire when I actually do not. I actually did get a flat tire and a red warning light came on. The problem is the TPMS tire pressure mounting system. It’s the same system that gives you the tire pressure reading. It is a computer problem and I’m not too sure if a new chip needs to be replaced or not. I know it’s annoying to see the yellow flat tire indicator come on but knowing that I don’t have a flat tire and if I did have one the red flat tire indicator would come on I just let it be over the years.

· Registered
'14 TDI Execline
3,960 Posts
Or you could learn colors and read owners manuals and such.
So, as a generic rule, any warning that's YELLOW, not just on your vehicle, means CAUTION.... you know, hey bud, something needs checking out. When something is RED it typically means STOP... something critical has happened, or something is very wrong, etc.

So...
yellow means, go check your pressures, because they have dropped to a level that needs your attention.
red means, STOP... something is very wrong... aka, your tire is FLAT.

· Registered
6 Posts
So I’m getting that I have a flat tire when I don’t faulty air bag, passenger windows will not roll down. Sunroof not working, can’t open up the back hatch with the handle. Etc. just need to know how to really start to start fixing these things.
It didn't tell you you had a flat. It told you the difference between one tire and its neighbor exceeded a threshold tolerance.

· Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #66 ·
I know cause when it told me it was flat I stopped and looked and it was not but no my scanner doesn’t tell me if it a one tire or rhe other and if my car does tell me I can’t see it my lcd screen is going out so as it warms up you can’t read it. My last post is about me updating my scanner

· Registered
58 Posts
I have a 2004 as well. Most of those chips aren't probably made anymore. My brake fault is not working, along with other faults.
My vehicle is still working yet I'm turning my boy into a overlander. So depending on what you want to do with your vehicle, it my be time to move on

61 - 68 of 68 Posts