Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Premium Member
545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone
Living through snowy winters with my Touareg either parked or adventuring I end up with ice on my windows often. I really like using the Prestone de-icer in the trigger sprayer bottles. It is so easy to spray (or stream) on, give it a couple seconds the easily scrape off the ice. More like just push off the ice. I’ve used this for years and it never harms my paint. The worst ice was 1/2 inch thick and this stuff worked so easily.
Wish there was a fast and easy way to get the snow off the rest of the Touareg - believe it or not but in most of usa it is illegal, yes illegal, to drive with snow piled up and blowing off as you drive. I am stuck using a broom with teflon bristles to rid the Touareg of snow. The teflon bristles do not scratch the paint.
Also noticed that VW has a new style windshield wipers now. Had mine replaced last month at VW and the new version shield the rubber part a bit from sun and snow.
Wondering what others are using to rid their Touaregs of snow and ice - please do not say you have a garage!

· Premium Member
545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
@chewblekka, really a 1500 sq ft shop. Sounds like a giant refrigerator, but nice way to keep snow off your Touareg. Oh wait, does your shop have Solar Heating? Or a wood burning stove? Or oil furnace for recycling your used oil? Or heated floor?
Agreed, keeping your Touareg clean helps keep it from getting scratches when getting snow off of it.

@SaVAGeSoot, a gas powered leaf blower? Or electric? Probably only for dry powdery sissy snow. Not gonna work for real heavy snow. But it will keep the leaf blower in use thru the inclement weather.

@New2Tregs, has the cover ever frozen to your windshield? How do you lift it and the snow off without getting the snow all over you? Do you brush the snow off of it and then remove the cover?

Did you know, before snow plows, plow trucks, etc, kids would roll giant snowballs to clear a path for walking? Kids got creative and used their giant snowballs to make snow forts and snowmen. So if you ever come into snow too deep for your Touareg to drive thru, (not likely but it could happen with all this global warming?!) just get the kids out to make snowmen to clear the way. LOL.

· Premium Member
545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Powder snow is mainly found on top of ski runs. Everywhere else gets wet heavy snow. I am trying to picture driving AND parking your Touareg on top of a ski run just to be able to use a leaf blower to clear that powdery snow off of it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts