Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
2011 VR6 FSI LUX
2,893 Posts
Being that I don't have a garage I searched around a couple of years ago and bought what I think was the perfect windshield cover for my Treg. I attached a picture of the product I grabbed from the web.

It covers from the front of the moonroof down to cover 1/5 of the hood. This way it covers the windshield cowel where the wipers are. It originally had 4 magnets in it, 2 at the top and 2 at the bottom. I removed those because I found it would cause mini scratches in the paint. I buffed those out. the top folds into the vehicle and clips to itself and the bottom has stretch bands with plastic hooks that hook onto the front wheels. It also came with two side mirror covers.
Much easier to remove the snow/ice off the windshield area as all you need to do is unhook it and pull it off. It also works great for melting ice off the panoramic roof if the sun is out. I drape it over it and clip it down, wait an hour or so and the ice melts enough to come right off. No hazard for other drivers.

I had bought it from Amazon and saw they didn't have them anymore. I found one on Ebay that I bought recently as a back up. I paid ~ $25 USD.

Automotive parking light Car Land vehicle Vehicle Wheel

· Registered
2011 VR6 FSI LUX
2,893 Posts
@New2Tregs, has the cover ever frozen to your windshield? How do you lift it and the snow off without getting the snow all over you? Do you brush the snow off of it and then remove the cover?
For the 2 snow seasons I've used it it has not frozen itself to the windshield. For snow over 4" I usually brush a good portion off to the side of the vehicle. Under that amount I just unhook it from itself in the vehicle and one wheel and pull it to one side. I'm 6'2" so that helps in being able to reach without getting snow on myself. The best thing is not having the buildup of snow/ice in the windshield cowel that I have to dig out.

· Registered
2011 VR6 FSI LUX
2,893 Posts
Probably.

· Registered
2011 VR6 FSI LUX
2,893 Posts
A leaf blower ... no matter the power source won't do jack for heavy wet snow. Best to be prepared with a more viable option.

· Registered
2011 VR6 FSI LUX
2,893 Posts
I see you still can't read.... since I never said anything about heavy wet snow, or ice, or a 6ft dumping like they got in Buffalo recently.....
It was a general statement. Nothing directed at you. Go have a Coke.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts