Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently rec'd our letter from VW Canada, acknowledging that the 3.0 TDI is part of dieselgate. So, I have to spend a minimum $500 at the Dealership, and the other $500 will be a Visa Gift Card. What's the best bang for buck at the Dealership. Oil Change? New tires? Any other suggestions?

·
Registered
734 Posts
Recently rec'd our letter from VW Canada, acknowledging that the 3.0 TDI is part of dieselgate. So, I have to spend a minimum $500 at the Dealership, and the other $500 will be a Visa Gift Card. What's the best bang for buck at the Dealership. Oil Change? New tires? Any other suggestions?
Cayenne sway bars. No question!

Reactions: Pilot

·
Registered
734 Posts
How hard is the install?
Well, for me, it was easy. I had my indie mechanic do it. :)

I understand that it is pretty straightforward...I think others have documented the process.

You do need both front/rear matching swaybars and a small number of bushings.

Just to confuse things, Cayenne bars come in a variety of stiffnesses (and applications for coil spring/air suspension setups). Yes, I know that the T3 isn't available with air, but I believe that the equivalent Cayenne is...

Bar thickness isn't a good measure, btw, so don't get wrapped up in the 35mm versus 38mm bar conversation. Generally, as I understand it, the "green dot" bars are the stiffest, followed by the "yellow dot" bars. I'm running yellow dots. Also, btw, if you do any real offroading, you will not want to do this mod. Greenlaning is fine, but if you're rock crawling, stiffer sway bars is not advised.

Do some searching on CT and you should find some pretty thorough discussions...then find another T3 owner who has done the upgrade and ask what they ordered/installed. :)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Using Your $1000 Credits From VW

I purchased a winter wheel & tire package for my '15 T3 TDI in the Fall. I have a good relationship with the owner/salesman and when the topic of the credits came up in a discussion last month he said if I brought the cards by he would credit $1000 to my personal credit card (the one I used to buy the tire/wheel package) and apply the 2 x $500 VW credit cards to the tire/wheel invoice. Oh, and my wife has a '15 Golf TDI...! We received her VW credit card earlier this week. I took them in to the dealer and he did exactly what he said he would do! And when the cards for my Touareg TDI credit arrive he said to bring them in and he would apply them as well! (It was an expensive winter wheel/tire package!)

BTW I did the Cayenne sway bar install in conjunction with H&R lowering springs... I can offer two points: 1) handling is incredibly improved; 2) GET AN ALIGNMENT DONE AS SOON AS YOU HAVE THE KIT INSTALLED (ESPECIALLY IF IT INVOLVES SPRINGS!)

·
Registered
734 Posts
BTW I did the Cayenne sway bar install in conjunction with H&R lowering springs... I can offer two points: 1) handling is incredibly improved; 2) GET AN ALIGNMENT DONE AS SOON AS YOU HAVE THE KIT INSTALLED (ESPECIALLY IF IT INVOLVES SPRINGS!)
No need for an alignment if it's just a sway bar upgrade. Nothing is done that would affect the alignment.

Removing spring perches and changing the static height of the car, on the other hand, certainly warrants an alignment!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Haven't been on the forum in a while and just looking at these old threads. What did a person have to do to get this credit? We have a 2013 TDI and we haven't received this, to my knowledge. Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
9,562 Posts
Haven't been on the forum in a while and just looking at these old threads. What did a person have to do to get this credit? We have a 2013 TDI and we haven't received this, to my knowledge. Thanks.
You didn't just get it, you had to sign up for it. I don't think you can get it now, but I don't know that for a fact. Try this link and see, but I think it is over: Volkswagen Goodwill Package

Just saw you are in Canada, did you guys even get this offer from VWoC?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts