Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I drove a CPO 2015 3.6 Exec today and very impressed. Need a little more room than current 3.0T Q5 and something that feels like a solid vehicle. As much as I like the Q5, the Touareg feels much more solid. Nice looking too! We also wanted surround-view as well as frontal-crash mitigation and the Exec seems to be the only one with both. Only issue is acceleration. It IS slower than just about anything I've driven in awhile, but once at speed it's a great cruiser.

Anyway, any comments positive or negative most appreciated!

·
Registered
126 Posts
We have the same Touareg in the 2016 MY. No regrets after 3k miles. Get the T3 Executive while available new or CPO.

The lack of haul-ass with 3.6 engine took a some time to accept.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My son took it for a spin and said "Dad, you're gonna sell in six months ... dangerously slow." He knows me and he's probably right. We both drive V8 dailies so it's a matter of perception. This would be DD for the wife and she would never go for a Q5 with 2.0 turbo 4 cyl and this feels slower than that. So, yeah, that is a worry. I never had that feeling with a TDI though finding a CPO Exec is impossible.

We have the same Touareg in the 2016 MY. No regrets after 3k miles. Get the T3 Executive while available new or CPO.

The lack of haul-ass with 3.6 engine took a some time to accept.

·
Registered
126 Posts
The 2016 FSI is my wife's DD, she spent the past 4 years and 100k miles with our 2012 TDI.

Her only caveat is refueling every five days.

·
Registered
3,836 Posts
There's nothing wrong the the V6 gasser, other than feeling a little slower and having to refuel more often. It's a proven engine. All that matters is the Mrs. liking it.

As for me, I would not enjoy it like I do the TDI.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Also, the 2016 Executive has a few more features with ventilated seats, power adjusted steering, Adaptive cruise and the other driver assist items with area view cameras than were available on the 2012.

Surprisingly, the ride quality with the factory 21 inch Mallory wheels is smoother and better dampened than the 20 inch Pikes Peak set up on the 2012.

·
Registered
3,836 Posts
Also, the 2016 Executive has a few more features with ventilated seats, power adjusted steering, Adaptive cruise and the other driver assist items with area view cameras than were available on the 2012.
Yes! Why I was thisclose to getting a '16.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
2016 T3 Executive with 30 miles :)

Loved it and too good a deal to pass up! Thanks for all the help, brothers!

Attachments

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
Looks nice.

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
Even the new Touaregs still look nice! It's a shame they don't offer 4xMotion and air suspension anymore in NAR. :- (

Enjoy your new toy- er, ummm.... vehicle!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts