Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone!

I'm Mike, I'm a VW dealer tech of 12 years and had my ups and downs in the business. Sometimes I hate it but I love these damn german headaches. I actually love keeping VW's alive and getting them back on the road, so might as well make a living out of it. Many people hate us dealer techs and think we are all crooks, some are but some of us got the honest skills and are genuine VW enthusiasts... I am one of those guys. I just sold my 4th Corrado VR6 last week and picked up my dream VeeDub. I remember PDI'n the first 2004 touaregs and saw the price tag and just dreamed one day ill have a really nice USED one:p It only took 12 years and now I finally got my hands on a 2008 VR6. and just slapped on some Mastercraft Courser MXT mud tires size: 265/70R17 with all the info I found on this forum I was able to get the right size having never had mudders on any truck ive owned. THANKS forum guys! I just wanted to start a thread with my build of my treg and hopefully it can help or inspire anyone looking for info or just wanting new things to dream about doing to their ride.

I've got my HD 4600 bilstein struts on order, along with my 2 inch spacer lift kit from alex.ciolan on ebay. If anyone is interested I could post update pics/info/review when I slap these bad boys on. Im up about 1.5 inches with the tires and just waiting for more.
[/URL][/IMG]

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
Hi Mike, welcome to the club. Sounds like you know what your doing, I'd like to see some pictures though.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Perry01... they show up on my side, maybe it still has to load... sorry first time ever using any kind of forum. bear with me haha

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi Mike,
I'm pretty interested in your experience with the lift kit - I'm currently designing a similar one for my T-Reg. How about the front lift, is it just a spring spaccer or a "bolt on top" spacer similar as the rear ones?
Regards from Germany.
Michael

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi Mike,
I'm pretty interested in your experience with the lift kit - I'm currently designing a similar one for my T-Reg. How about the front lift, is it just a spring spaccer or a "bolt on top" spacer similar as the rear ones?
Regards from Germany.
Michael
the pictures on ebay look like the front is a spring spacer. It looks like the kit Alex gee was making. I'll update the thread when I get them and install, im crossing my fingers it fits well. If not i'll see if my CNC buddies could make something that does. I'll keep you posted

·
Registered
737 Posts
Have fun with that setup...just watch the highway offramps!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hijacked in 3, 2, 1...

Some inspiration perhaps?? Put on that lift of yours and get out there. Alex Gee may have some leftover bits for sale.

Don't let anyone tell you these aren't capable machines. Low range is your friend.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts