Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I got a touareg 2015
Out of the blue showed me
Error autostart
Distance control not functioning and
Gearbox foult and sent in emergency mode
I went to the mechanics and the diagnostic showed the attached picture. Problem with the press on valve 3!!! They deleted the foult messages and I did an 1h trip and nothing happened. It will show again i guess. Can it be smth electronic ??
Font Material property Terrestrial plant Circle Paper

Any idea what it can be?? Please help!!

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
A low voltage battery can cause odd electrical issues. It may still start the car. Eliminate the battery first then scan for codes which may have vanished. VCDS digs a bit deeper than some code readers, it is as good as a main dealer system which is why it is a must with fault finding. It is guesswork otherwise.

How many of the faults listed where causing real issues?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
A low voltage battery can cause odd electrical issues. It may still start the car. Eliminate the battery first then scan for codes which may have vanished. VCDS digs a bit deeper than some code readers, it is as good as a main dealer system which is why it is a must with fault finding. It is guesswork otherwise.

How many of the faults listed where causing real issues?
I think the dealer has a VCDS system cause is ex official dealer so I do not worry on that. Thank you for the suggestion and I will follow your advice. Only the transmission press reg valve was real problem according to them cause it sent the gearbox in emergency mode. Lets wait if its going to happen again.
thank you and really appreciate your help. I will keep you posted

·
Registered
2015 TDI Exec R-Line
1,304 Posts
That’s the dealer ODIS system. Looks like you have some CAN communication faults.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Update:
The problem was solved. It was an electric disconnection of a cable in valve 3. Maybe I can not explain exactly where it was but no problem with the gearbox itself. Solved easy and cheap. Thanks to everyone who took time to answer!

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Update:
The problem was solved. It was an electric disconnection of a cable in valve 3. Maybe I can not explain exactly where it was but no problem with the gearbox itself. Solved easy and cheap. Thanks to everyone who took time to answer!
Seems a bit strange if it was a solenoid in the box as that wouldn't be a cheap fix. Maybe the external cable connector or something. Did the fault come back after it was cleared?

Main thing it is fixed!!

Thanks for the update.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts