Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear All,
I've scanned the Bug List and haven't found this issue so I'm writing in to let you all know about my experience.
I've actually waited 7 months for my silver blue V8.
Picked it up Friday and by the next Saturday - 8th day of ownership - I was parking my car for a quick stop at the groceries when my gear shifter refused to move beyond N and D. The only selection that I could make were N, D, +, -. The silver knob that we press in to change gear is stuck in the depressed position.
It is now in the shop and the engineer has identified the problem but I haven't been able to get a straight answer as to when I would be able to get my car back!
(if all the reports about the difficulties on getting parts are true, then I might not have my car for another year ... :anger: )
Added to that, apparently the Parking Assist switch does not light up properly. I have no idea how it is suppose to look like but my sales person said that it should be lighted in bright orange - like the front passenger-side airbag inidcator.
I hope no one else has this problem. But just to let you guys know that this is something that is happening.

Thank you and safe driving to all T-reg owners!!!

· Registered
3 Posts
Gear shift dtuck in N-D

I had the same problem last week with 500 miles and the car 10 days old. Fortunately, I was parked where I was able to drive straight out without using reverse. Took it to the dealer, they loaned me a car, called me later that day it was fixed along with another minor problem. Apparently, they had to change the shift handle (which was not in stock but they borrowed from another vehicle in stock).

This problem happened while I was trying out the difference between D, S and Tip drive modes.

Needless to say I am very happy with this first service experience.

· Registered
10 Posts
Jammed shift lock release

I had the same problem at about 1500 miles as a result of a sloppy shift into S from D. (I think I tried to move the lever before the button was fully depressed. ) The problem is actually in the silver thumb button assembly; it will not return to the full out position. Replacement of the handle solved the problem. I was relieved it wasn't something further down along the shift linkage. I am shifting a lot more deliberately these days.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.