2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI.Hope you are well
I have a 2005 Touareg R5 2.5 diesel
Just came back from 4000km trip
Next morning at my house , I start the car
Green footbrake light come on on dashboard then quickly went off again
Can not switch to LOW range cos vehicle does not recognise what gear I am in
Also in the centre MFI display , there are no warnings , but when you switch to tiptronic , it does not show which gear you are in like it usually does.
Parking assist also not working now since this problem occurred
Any idea?
Thanks

·
Premium Member
695 Posts
Under the trim plate of the shift arm is a thin circuit that senses what position the shifter is in. It uses a magnet on the moving portion and sensors on the circuit to get the job done. If there was a problem with the circuit you would have issues like that.

There's a posting in the DIY section of this forum that covers the shift area and console. You can see there what is involved.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Gear selection / pdc / low range select problem

Hi. Hope you are well
I have a 2005 Touareg R5 2.5 diesel
As stated before, the green footbrake light still comes on on the dashboard then quickly goes off again when starting. Can move gear lever without applying footbrake while car is running and in PARK.
Can not switch to LOW range cos vehicle does not recognise what gear I am in and PDC and reverse lights not working. All fuses are fine :)
Also in the centre MFI display , it only shows PRND for gears.
Replaced PC circuit board under gear selector (magnet still fine) and replaced mulitifunctional switch on outside of gearbox. Problem still the same.
Any further ideas ? Must the "system" be reset somehow ?
Please help!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.