Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife and I recently purchased an '05 V6 Touareg. We had to go on a small road trip so figured, "Screw the gas mileage. New car!" Something happened during our little voyage that has me concerned;

3 times during the trip (from central IL to Memphis, TN and back) the 'Miles Until Empty' readout turned to '---.' I check my fuel and it reads completely empty. I know that I should have about half a tank left so I pull over at the nearest gas station, turn the car off, and then turn the key to the 'on' position. Needle comes up and reads about half a tank. Just fine.

I fill up while I'm there and we're good for another few hundred miles until the same thing happens again. Happened once on the way back as well. I've searched the forum for something similar to this and found nothing. Should this be something easily remedied? Take it to a stealership to have them check it out instead of messing with it myself?

Thanks in advance.

-Arthur

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.