Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2014 3.0V6 Tdi when i press the gas pedal sometimes nothing happens, Also when moving of i have to press the pedal about an inch then it suddenly takes of like a scalded cat,Any ideas ?Cheers Andy

· Registered
45 Posts
My 2013 is the same. I've cleaned the soot. My buddy is a VW master tech, he says its normal after the diesel-gate BS. Putting it in sport mode helps a little bit. Waiting for Black Friday sale and its getting stage 2 and delete.

· Registered
45 Posts
Wait.....what?
A VW Master tech said it's normal for the vehicle to not respond to accelerator pedal input?
He did. I am making an assumption though. Perhaps the OP is actually feeling "nothing happening" in which case I would say that there is something wrong.

My '13 is EXTREMELY laggy, to the point I assumed that's what he meant. I can jam the go pedal to the floor and especially if the AC is on, it will lag with very little acceleration, upwards of 1.5 seconds at times, then freaking take off like a rocket. Its VERY dangerous trying to merge into fast flowing traffic. To the point I wont let my wife or kids drive it in the city.

Dunno. I trust him. He's been master tech at the local dealership for years, a good friend of mine even longer, and has owned 3 of them himself. Says it all happened when VAG neutered them.

· Registered
2,263 Posts
Sounds like a lack of turbo spool to me.....

TonyB

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Guys thanks for the responses, It’s not turbo lag as when I press the gas pedal the revs don’t move and press down further sometimes even to the floor revs still don’t change then all of a sudden it will take of with no warning, Drew

· Registered
45 Posts
Guys thanks for the responses, It’s not turbo lag as when I press the gas pedal the revs don’t move and press down further sometimes even to the floor revs still don’t change then all of a sudden it will take of with no warning, Drew
Mine is very very similar. Just no pedal response at all then holy **** we're going! Sketchy as hell and literally my only gripe about the car.

· Registered
2011 VR6 FSI LUX
2,871 Posts
Ok this looks very promising.
Anyone have any input on this pedal adjustment?
This video was posted in a thread under the title Pedal Lag or something to that effect. I don't know if someone had actually done it. I wound up just installing a throttle controller to negate the lag rather than pulling apart the pedal ass'y.

· Registered
'14 TDI Execline
3,052 Posts
This video was posted in a thread under the title Pedal Lag or something to that effect. I don't know if someone had actually done it. I wound up just installing a throttle controller to negate the lag rather than pulling apart the pedal ass'y.
What am I not understanding here?
Users are complaining about issues in their TDI, allegedly because of the FIX.... your saying that you had the "same issue" on a gasser.... so why is that? Did your gasser get the FIX too?

Or are we now saying that all DBW systems suffer from a laggy pedal and it has nothing to do with the fix (VW master tech is wrong?)

· Registered
2011 VR6 FSI LUX
2,871 Posts
What am I not understanding here?
Users are complaining about issues in their TDI, allegedly because of the FIX.... your saying that you had the "same issue" on a gasser.... so why is that? Did your gasser get the FIX too?

Or are we now saying that all DBW systems suffer from a laggy pedal and it has nothing to do with the fix (VW master tech is wrong?)
Yes I'm saying that owners with both gassers and TDI's have mentioned pedal lag and I was responding to the video about changing the position of the accelerator pedal potentiometer.
I in no way said it had anything to do with "the fix" nor was I saying the "master tech" was wrong.

· Registered
5,540 Posts
I found conducting intake and exhaust mods did HUGE favors for throttle sensitivity. Huge. Almost zero

· Registered
'14 TDI Execline
3,052 Posts
I wound up just installing a throttle controller to negate the lag rather than pulling apart the pedal ass'y.
I actually made the mistake of looking up this garbage that you're talking about..... I snapped in under 10 seconds of being on that site.... I can't believe some of the garbage that's out there!

You actually installed\trust experts who can't even spell VW to modify signals that your ECU is receiving?
Gutsy move!

Line Font Electronic device Service Measuring instrument

· Registered
5,540 Posts
I actually made the mistake of looking up this garbage that you're talking about..... I snapped in under 10 seconds of being on that site.... I can't believe some of the garbage that's out there!

You actually installed\trust experts who can't even spell VW to modify signals that your ECU is receiving?
Gutsy move!

View attachment 253385
That one looks bad. Pedal Commander is a great company and offers 30 day cash back

· Registered
5,540 Posts
1 - 20 of 22 Posts