Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi ! :)

I'm considering the purchase of a Touareg. I don't know for now if it will be a V-6 or a V-8. I would like to know what kind of mileage you're getting from the V-6 and the V-8. I'm talking about real mileage here, not what they put in the window sticker. I'm going to the dealership this afternoon to show the T-reg to my wife. She's kind of reluctant to go to an SUV ( I now drive an S-Type Jaguar ) but I'm pretty sure that when she sees the interior of the T-reg, she will agree.

Thanks,
P.S.: You can put it in either mpg ou L/100kms, I don't mind...

· Registered
715 Posts
I have a V6 - mainly because I got an amazing deal on it.

Realize, its a 5000+ lb vehicle, so you aren't going to be taking it to the drag strip any time soon.

Between V6/V8 - It truly depends. The V6 is plenty sufficient for my needs. She's hit 110mph like a dream with lots of room to spare.

I know Trent hit 130 in his V8. I know most V8 owners love their TRegs.

I also know that most V6 owners said they were glad they saved the money because the power was sufficient for them.

Not only is it a slight gas mileage increase, for me, it was about an 8k upgrade to get to V8 price range.

Drive them both. Try them in [D]rive and in port.

Keep us informed on what you decide. We'd love to have you as an active Club Toaureg member!

· Registered
467 Posts
130mph and bounced off the govenor :twisted: :twisted: .........now I know what you are thinking ....'" damn teenage hoodlums" but I am 22 so i would be a crazy 22 yr old. I blame it on ASU

I mainly got the V8 because i also got a great deal it was slightly used with close to 1000 miles on it. I would have gotten the V6 otherwise.... I just got lucky.

· Registered
25 Posts
V8 averaging 16+ mpg

I've got just shy of 3000 miles on my V8 Treg. I commute 61 miles each way to work - 1/2 highway, 1/2 backroads. I'm averaging a little over 16 mpg so far.

I have been consiously using the cruise control on the highway to try to improve mileage - I generally cruise between 70-75 mph.

On another note, while 91 octane gas is called for, I've been running the lasat few tanks on 89 octane (mid grade, rather than premium). I haven't noticed any performance diffs, nor valve pinging. I'm figuring it'll save me probably $400 / year in fuel costs.

Hope this is useful

· Registered
50 Posts
Not sure what the altitude is in Montreal, but if you live a mile high (such as places like Denver) or you plan to go into the high country with your vehicle, you may need to consider the fact that the engine hp will drop about 50 to 60 horses at 5k feet. At sea level, you could live with the V6, but at altitude I think you would be quite disappointed.

· Registered
467 Posts
absolutly.....I am surprised at you 16mpg on a V8. I must have a heavy foot. wait.. I know I have a heavy foot. i am somewhere in between new car break in period slow and drive it like you stole it!! ( more towards the stolen theory but i am not hard on my Treg/baby) AH WELL what can ya do

· Registered
25 Posts
Oh yeah, I'm driving pretty conservative on my commute just because it's 120 miles a day and I don't want to go too broke paying for gas. That's not to say that I don't enjoy a heavy foot too, but I try to keep it in check. Plus, it's still cold and icy up here.

I'm thinking AZ looks might good right about now - it's supposed to be back down in the low teens / single digits tonight :shock: :shock:

· Registered
2016 Touareg V6/Lux — 2006 Touareg V6 — 2013 Audi allroad
3,304 Posts
I have the V6 and I live at altitude..... in a suburb of Denver that is at 6,000 ft elevation. I'm very surprised with the performance of the V6. I just took it on a trip thru the mountains up to elevations around 11,000 feet and didn't feel like I was missing a thing. I cruised thru the mountains between 80 and 90mph without a problem.

As for gas mileage.... I'm averaging around 18mph in mixed driving.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.