Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all . i have been working hard on fixing the wifes touareg its a 2.5 R5 on a 2004 .. only 114k miles ..

i have had to replace top cam and caps , fuel pump ,duel mass flywheel ,clutch , front wheel bearing and now both engine temp sensors .. all in the last 3 months :( ..

the issue i have is this G62 fault wont go . it's been into vw they have tested the new switches i bought from them . all ok . all temps are withing there limits . but the damn fans are on flat out all the time .. even first thing in the morning . plus it seems to take longer for the glow plug light to go out ..

i am now at a loss as electrically she seems to be working . (apart from the rear glass wont open ) any idea on why my fans are running flat out all the time ..

if i clear the code on VAG-COM i have then it just comes strait back G62 engine temp low current .. yet it is working on the means test confused.com .

any help would be great

thanks in advance
ross

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
trace the wiring.

perhaps a new loom is not too expensive so you can just replace the whole engine side loom from the ecu to all the components. Everything is pretty easily accessible.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hi thanks for your reply .

wiring is all ok done a trace + all sensors are working as they should (so VW told me ) . engine temp is really low too sits around 70 degrees but i guess thats due to the fans running flat out ..

bloody thing is a nightmare

·
Registered
2,588 Posts
hi thanks for your reply .

wiring is all ok done a trace + all sensors are working as they should (so VW told me ) . engine temp is really low too sits around 70 degrees but i guess thats due to the fans running flat out ..

bloody thing is a nightmare

I had a similar issue with a 2006 V10 that the fans would run all the time.
Don't think I had that fault code though ?
Turned out to be that I replaced the aircon pressure sensor with a new unit that caused it.
I even purchased a second new unit thinking the first was faulty but it did the same.
Fitted the old unit back on fixed it.
If this sensor is disconnected will cause the fans to run also.

regards
Drag

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
just a quick thought . there is a what looks to be a brass/metal switch screwed into the block just below the oil filter /oil cooler , near the front . i think it is a 2 pin plug .. would this be yet anouther engine temp sensor ?? if so this one could be faulty ?

cheers for help on this guy
ross

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
you can see it here on the head (G62 sensor) above cylinder two (second one from the left)

The other temp sensor is by the radiator outlet.

Please see attached SSP on the 2.5 engine.

Attachments

·
Registered
20,430 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
you can see it here on the head (G62 sensor) above cylinder two (second one from the left)

Please see attached SSP on the 2.5 engine.
The other temp sensor is by the radiator outlet. i seem to have another switch on the block below the oil cooler ?? not sure what it is but i shall try to get a pic tomorrow and post up . . .

what number relay is it that controls the fans at all please
cheers ross

1 - 10 of 10 Posts