Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's a link to a fun photo I took over the weekend. Still learning the new equipment I used so the quality isn't perfect. Nonetheless, this is a neat spin on the front cab of the touareg.

gigapan: 2007 VW Touareg

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Very cool, I zoomed in and the image is very clean. I couldn't read your milage, only because the steering wheel was in the way.

What Camera and lens?

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I used an el cheapo. It's a Canon 850IS. The way you get such high resolution is to put it on a robotic panoramic head, lock the exposure, lock the focus point and let the robot take over. That's why outside the car is white and the inside is correctly exposed. This image was created by splicing together over 130 images. you can see some anomalies if you look closely. Oh, the milage is around 25k. :)

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thought about hard wiring it but didn't because of two reasons.... One, I had problems when I tried to hard wire the XM in my 05 and two I would lose the mute button on the cigarette lighter plug. When I'm on the phone, that button comes in extremely handy. It seems I pass about 500 CVS Drugstores on the way home and the passport picks up every one of them. Unfortuantely you can't block just that frequency on this model. Maybe the next model I'll do it. I do like the clean look though hence the bungy cord running throught he middle so the cord doesn't flop around.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'd love the 9500i. I'm getting married in two weeks so I'm limiting my expenses for a little bit.

With regards to the 360 views, I don't know exactly for every car. My guess is that they are artist's renditions. I don't know much about video so there may be a solution out there for videos but can't say 100% for sure. This setup I have can do full 360 deg pano's. In fact I have a 360 deg pano of the 'reg but it took too long to render and I was too impatient. I'll let it run again tonight and see how it comes out. If it looks good, I'll post it.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
it's just scuffed. Boy does it pi$$ me off too. It actually looks worse in picture than in real life. I need to find something that will lightly buff it out. Good find though.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Oh, you can also see the Euroswitch that you sold me. :)

·
My God,it's full of stars
5,765 Posts
I'd love the 9500i. I'm getting married in two weeks so I'm limiting my expenses for a little bit.
LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL, you'll be limiting YOUR expenses for quite a while no doubt :cool:

siberian

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I was afraid somebody would say that....

Hey, I new it was love when she said we could go to the hills and take the touareg offroading for her birthday last year. What more can I say? haha

·
Premium Member
838 Posts
:clap:They will do anything to get the ring of gold,congrats

1 - 13 of 13 Posts