·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Wow, no one has any thoughts / input?

·
Super Moderator
3,817 Posts
Try the search option. This valve has been debated a number of times.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the input everyone. That was what I was looking for. How about the magnetic oil drain plug? Anyone using it?

·
NYFAIM - What's it mean?
530 Posts
How about the magnetic oil drain plug? Anyone using it?
I use the magnetized oil drain plug available from ECS Tuning.

I can HIGHLY recommend the addition of this plug. It's also inexpensive insurance at ~$10.

CAUTION: The ECS Tuning magnetized oil drain plug is aluminum and is EASILY over-torqued and stripped. Thus, adhering to the the recommended 22 ft.lb. tightening torque is a MUST.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks. I'm highly interested. The ECS link reads it is for a T1. I have a T3 (2013 MY). Any reason it wouldn't fit? Did they change the oil drain plug size?

·
NYFAIM - What's it mean?
530 Posts
AFAIK...

ECS Tuning does not offer a magnetized oil drain plug for the T3 3.0L TDIs. I was referencing the magnetized oil drain plug that I use on my T2 3.6L FSI engine.

I should think that some Googeling around ought to produce a magnetized oil drain plug for the 3.0L TDI IF one is available?

·
Super Moderator
3,817 Posts
Solution Found!

Today I fitted a slightly modified FUMOTO F106SX Oil Drain Valve to my 2008 V6 TDI CASA.

The original valve did not clear the engine cross member so I had to turn down the HEX Head of the Bolt (includes a Allen Socket) to allow it to clear the cross member. Turning down the Hex to a round 21 mm and tapering 60% of its aspect (height) down to a 15 mm circle around the Allen Socket does not hinder sealing but provides adequate clearance to fit the valve.

Have a look at the attached photos..

Stuart......

Attachments

Reactions: BenTDI

·
Registered
2,738 Posts
Today I fitted a slightly modified FUMOTO F106SX Oil Drain Valve to my 2008 V6 TDI CASA.

The original valve did not clear the engine cross member so I had to turn down the HEX Head of the Bolt (includes a Allen Socket) to allow it to clear the cross member. Turning down the Hex to a round 21 mm and tapering 60% of its aspect (height) down to a 15 mm circle around the Allen Socket does not hinder sealing but provides adequate clearance to fit the valve.

Have a look at the attached photos..

Stuart......

Excellent result Stuart.

So out the window goes my adaptor in one foul stroke. lol

I will now need to get a few to fit to some of my service people.

regards
Drag

·
Registered
2,738 Posts
What modification? I don't want to wrek the thing !

Understandable so you have many choices
- Keep using the std plug and spread oil everywhere when you drain the oil
- Use a vacuum oil changer (I hate them) and leave oil in the btm of the sump..
- Fit a Fumoto and leave the last bit of oil in the sump but have a really clean oil change
- Fit a Fumoto and at the end of the drain remove the valve to let the last oil out then refit. (bit of a pain)
- Fit a modified Fumoto valve and get all the oil out with no mess.
- Find another type of drain valve (Quick Changer Oil Drain Plug or like) but still have the same issue leaving oil in the sump.

Its all got to do with the pressed steel sump design around the drain plug.

regards
Drag

·
Registered
346 Posts
I know this is an old post but I want to add the Fumoto valve and do 5k drains and leave the filter and keep my 10k service oil change intervals at the dealer. I have done a couple dealer full 5k changes and am getting some rattle at start up I think from the chain on occasion. For example, I have been told by a client who is a master GM tech that the extended oil change intervals manufactures and GM has gone to has caused early timing chain failure on their 3.6 engines so they now encourage 5 k changes versus 7500. The Cayenne is 5k changes.

I imagine the dealer will poo poo my idea to add a Fumoto. When others have/if anyone has added a Fumoto did they use the crush washer? Thanks

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
I have 2 fumoto valves and ine stahlbus valve. I have one fumoto on the treg oil pan and the stahlbus on the oil filer housing. I have the latest model. I've been running a fumuto for more than 10 years on one of my cars and I enjoy. Dealer enjoys it too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 36 Posts