Club Touareg Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
451 Posts
To get the Factory manuals. Have your VIN to hand, buy an hour's time at the address below, log in and download all you need for your Touareg. Cost of a couple cups of coffee

Volkswagen AG erWin Online

Reactions: seafarer28

·
Registered
124 Posts
They are advertising the whole manual except wiring for about $60. Will it indeed give me it all for that or is it a sham?

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
Are you sure you want to run truck diesel in your Touareg? These are high performance diesel engines with high quality fuel needs. Could be an expensive cost for very minor fuel savings. I was told to only run the "premium" diesel in mine.
I tried "Truck" diesel once and noticed a difference in engine performance by the time I left the servo, never again unless no other option.

What I find these days most service stations don't offer truck diesel, seems to be offered more on interstate highways that have a lot of truck activity and separate truck filling area, I think every servo does offer so called "premium" diesel on high flo bowser nozzles as most of your everyday 4WD's can handle the bigger nozzle, obviously if you are going to use these you need to regulate the fuel flow to be comparible to the flow with the normal nozzle.
I just want the convenience to be able to use both nozzles not to make my getaways any quicker.

My earlier question re removing restrictor collar on 7L's still remains unanswered.....anyone?😕😕

TonyB

·
Registered
MY18 - Black V6 TDI Touareg
73 Posts
Tony, my guess would be; remove the filler cap and check if the collar looks similar to the 7P photo I posted. If it does then I guess the process will be similar to the instructions posted by markdowns on 12 May earlier in this thread 😀

Grant

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
Had a look at my T2 filler and it seems to be one continuous pipe from collar to the bend, so looks like I will need to keep using the bowser adaptor when filling from the larger truck nozzles.

TonyB

·
Registered
237 Posts
Tony,
I think that your model requires it to be cut out. I remember reading somewhere here that you shove a rag down then cut it and pull the rag. I never got around to doing it.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Does the restricter removal allow the use of high flow nozzles?

·
Registered
2015 (2016 MY) Touareg SE 3.0 V6 TDi 262PS
928 Posts
Check out your Ford dealer - in Europe they supply a conversion nozzle for their diesel models, I bought a Fiesta one for just 3 UKP to handle my spare fuel cans which have larger hose connections - it fits the restricted filler very well and deals with over-size nozzles but may not deal with high flow.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Signon,
on a 2017 Touareg when removed the nozzle opening is increased from 25mm to 36mm diameter (1" increased to 1-3/8")
refer: this post for pictures and instructions
This should be big enough

·
Registered
237 Posts
Thanks Grant. Might have to give it a go.
I'm ok with truck diesel. 388k on my 2011 Polo with no issues and save a couple of bob.
Filling 85l with high flow would be good. The polo fits the high flow with no mods.

·
Registered
2017 R Line V8
115 Posts
I have been trying to decide between purchasing the adapter or removing the restrictor / safety device.
Someone mentioned the flow has to be regulated to very slow to prevent fuel going everywhere when using the adapter.
With the restrictor removed is it possible to use the high flow pump at full rate or does the size/shape of the Touareg down pipe cause a problem with blow back ?
Previously had a Silverado with no restrictor and could use the high flow at full rate with no problems it had a virtually straight down pipe into the fuel tank. Managed to put diesel in every time I refilled in the 5 years we owned it so not concerned about using the wrong fuel bowser.
We will be travelling all over Aus with our caravan and know from experience that there will be times when a high flow pump is the only available Diesel.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I feel that trying to juggle an adaptor whilst refuelling might be too difficult.
I have used the 'hi-flo' option at the local 7-Eleven pumps which is via the std 1" nozzle but I have no idea how that flow rate compares to that delivered from a Real Truck pump.
It's only a 100 litre tank on the Touareg so shouldn't be too much of an issue if you need to throttle it a bit.

Removing the mis-fuelling device is not a destructive process, so you can re-fit when you finish your travels and return to city life.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts