Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2018 Touareg. does anyone know how to remove this as it stops me from using truck fuel or jerry can.

Reactions: gatkins

·
Registered
214 Posts
I don’t know that it can be removed but there is an adapter you can buy that extends out and allows you to use truck stops or cans. It’s not very expensive. You can usually find it in touareg accessories on websites.

·
Registered
MY18 - Black V6 TDI Touareg
73 Posts
Interesting problem... nice to be aware of this before going bush 🙂

I guess as an example, but price is higher than expected!

·
Registered
113 Posts
On my 2014 the restrictor has two small holes on the outer face.
If yours is similar, you have to insert a suitable tool on those holes, twist it clockwise and remove it. That way you will unlock the locking ring. Afterwards, remove the restrictor which sits further in the filler neck.
I hope it helps.

Gabriel

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
On my 2014 the restrictor has two small holes on the outer face.
If yours is similar, you have to insert a suitable tool on those holes, twist it clockwise and remove it. That way you will unlock the locking ring. Afterwards, remove the restrictor which sits further in the filler neck.
I hope it helps.

Gabriel
tried to twist it but it wont budge

·
Registered
229 Posts
I bought one of those adaptors after being stuck on the Nullabor because of the difficulty in getting truck diesel into the tank. They work, and are better than nothing, but need to used at a SLOW rate, or it tends to go everywhere.

·
Registered
113 Posts
tried to twist it but it wont budge
My apologies. I explained it incorrectly.
The locking ring has to be turned COUNTERCLOCKWISE about 30°. Plus you need to insert a small screwdriver on another small hole located on the outer edge of the locking ring in order to detach a locking tab.
I hope it works this time.

Gabriel

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
Anyone know if removal is possible on the previous 7L ('07>'10) model?

TonyB

·
Registered
14 Posts
Are you sure you want to run truck diesel in your Touareg? These are high performance diesel engines with high quality fuel needs. Could be an expensive cost for very minor fuel savings. I was told to only run the "premium" diesel in mine.

·
Registered
2015 (2016 MY) Touareg SE 3.0 V6 TDi 262PS
928 Posts
Are you sure you want to run truck diesel in your Touareg? These are high performance diesel engines with high quality fuel needs. Could be an expensive cost for very minor fuel savings. I was told to only run the "premium" diesel in mine.
That depends on fuel standards in your market - in Europe, truck diesel is identical to car diesel, the only difference with a truck diesel pump is the much higher flow rate.

·
Registered
194 Posts
When up in North Queensland I could not get a diesel pump nozzle to fit in the hole in my 2016 Treg.
After I lot of investigation I found out the garage had fitted a petrol hose head on the diesel hose.
The petrol nozzle is smaller than the Diesel one and did not undo the safety clips.
Be careful removing the locking ring, it allows you to fill up with anything including petrol.
(Also beware of foaming when using high flow pumps, you end up with half a tank when the nozzle clicks off)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Here is how per the shop manual. You can then remove the lower restrictor using two 90 degree picks and grabbing the ears and turning and jiggling it around until you get it out.

Fuel Filler.PNG

·
Registered
MY18 - Black V6 TDI Touareg
73 Posts
Hi Mark, could you share please the which manual Name/number you found this great detail.
I thought I had downloaded the set, but much searching I could not find the instruction.

Grant

·
Registered
124 Posts
Can anyone advise whether a Touareg model CR 7 manual from factory-manuals.com will be suitable for my launch edition?

1 - 20 of 32 Posts