Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have seen posts for the fuel pump concerns. I have replaced both pumps for the starts stalls concerns. I also have no fuel in the right side of the tank and the fuel shows 1/2 tank of fuel. Now my question is on the v-6 the primary pump is the left pump. I do believe my primary pump is on the right side. can someone verify this.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Your left hand tank transfer pump is not working for some reason. Check power to the pump. If no power check the fuse. Primary pump to the engine should be the right hand pump at least it is on the TDI.

·
Registered
540 Posts
So I have seen posts for the fuel pump concerns. I have replaced both pumps for the starts stalls concerns. I also have no fuel in the right side of the tank and the fuel shows 1/2 tank of fuel. Now my question is on the v-6 the primary pump is the left pump. I do believe my primary pump is on the right side. can someone verify this.
On the V6 the larger side (primary) of the fuel tank is behind drivers seat. This fuel pump on this side primes and runs car for about 30 seconds. The smaller side of the fuel tank (secondary) fuel pump runs the car. The drivers side pump transfers fuel as needed from the larger tank to smaller. One of your lines is not connected in the tank if the pump is working properly or a fuel filter issue would be my guess.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
got the car fixed. found the new pump I bought for the right side was not plugged into the pump

1 - 4 of 4 Posts