Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need some help, I am a novice mechanic, and replaced the drivers side fuel pump this weekend in my 2005 Touareg. She ran fine for a few days, but then this morning she cranked for a second then died, now she wont crank at all. Could this be the passenger side fuel pump or something else?

·
Registered
102 Posts
When you say "crank" do you mean the engine won't turn over or won't run. I think you mean the engine won't remain running. I replaced a pump and about a month later it would crank but wouldn't run - actually stalled on a busy road. I pulled relays and fuses but it still wouldn't work. I had it towed to the house and inspected the pump, one of the hoses had popped off inside the tank. I would suspect the same.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
When you say "crank" do you mean the engine won't turn over or won't run. I think you mean the engine won't remain running. I replaced a pump and about a month later it would crank but wouldn't run - actually stalled on a busy road. I pulled relays and fuses but it still wouldn't work. I had it towed to the house and inspected the pump, one of the hoses had popped off inside the tank. I would suspect the same.
You nailed it! Thank you so much!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts